Bitlocker url giving me a trace ID error.

Anonymous
2023-11-23T05:08:44+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with accessing my bitlocker recovery keys. Every time I go to manage my recovery key I get an error. I've tried doing it on multiple devices and networks. I don't know why this is happening. This is the message I receive " TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. "

Yes, I have waited and tried again. The only thing that changes is the traceID code. Please help me with this matter so I can use my laptop soon.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T20:16:54+00:00

    Thank you, I am still having issues and Microsoft is keep emailing me every week stating they are working on it and no ETA.

    Not sure what they are working on. I can't even see my device in my MS account now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T20:03:37+00:00

    Thank you thank you thank you!! I've been messing with this bit locker for hours and this was the only solution. Others experiencing the same problem should be sure to access the link https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey in the alternate account and then switch over to the correct account!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T16:08:35+00:00

    Good day,

    My Name is David Mathibe. I am a simple user like some of you. I have two Microsoft accounts (Gmail.com - for daily use) and (Outlook.com - for backing up important files).

    I used my work laptop to link my Work and Private email addresses (Outlook.com). Once linked, I signed into the Microsoft account using the work email address to access my devices.

    Do not use your private account to access your devices because you will get a message that there is no bitlocker keys available in your account.

    Select the device you searching the BitLocker and get the key.

    Good luck and May God bless you.

    Kind regards,

    2 January 2024

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T14:34:02+00:00

    This is not helping. I tried the exact steps that you have mentioned,. see what I am getting. What is this ? I tried the customer support, its landing me on the same page giving me instructions,.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T14:22:50+00:00

    Which number did you call ? i am trying to call them from saturday and its asking me log in to help.microsoft.com. This is so frustrating that they don't have a live agent to talk to or a live chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments