I'm still having issues and it's been like 2 weeks. I'm highly disappointed in how they have handled this situation
Bitlocker url giving me a trace ID error.
Hello, I'm having a problem with accessing my bitlocker recovery keys. Every time I go to manage my recovery key I get an error. I've tried doing it on multiple devices and networks. I don't know why this is happening. This is the message I receive " TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. "
Yes, I have waited and tried again. The only thing that changes is the traceID code. Please help me with this matter so I can use my laptop soon.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
35 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-11-30T17:22:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-11-30T13:35:28+00:00 I am also experiencing this issue. Incredibly frustrating to have an update pushed, with no knowledge it will trigger your laptop unusable. Fine, I have to enter this sacred key, but to then not have access to said key is absolutely unacceptable. Every “help” and “how to” article says you should be able to see your Bitlocker recovery key in your Microsoft account. C’mon Microsoft. Fix the issue immediately or at the very least, issue a statement acknowledging there is a problem.
We should not be resorted to a factory reset over this.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-30T10:21:49+00:00 I managed to log in on the 28 around 8pm us est. And it worked I took a screenshot to save it and haven't tried since. I also spam commented on a bunch of these post ranging from the 16 to the 27. To me it seems like Ms got ransomwared or is just refusing to acknowledge the problem. I was checking almost every hour before I managed to get in to my bitlocker codes. Idk if my commenting on Everypost helped or hurt my case.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-30T07:50:29+00:00 I woke up to having this bitlocker issue today, my laptop was fine the day before yesterday, and now due to Microsoft's inability to correct or troubleshoot its mistakes, the laptop is currently a 4,000 dollar paper weight. I'm a college student and cannot afford to just outright buy a new laptop to work with. This is the first laptop I've ever had, and it was a gift to myself that I saved up for YEARS to purchase. I can't log-in, I can't reset the pc, I can't restore it either. None of the "backdoor" tactics have worked either. All of my work is GONE and can't be accessed until the issue with the BitLocker recovery page is resolved. Such a great situation at the end of the semester, pretty much when I need this device the most.
Is Microsoft actually working on this problem? I spoke with customer support today, and they said they should have it "repaired in a few hours", and that was well over 12 hours ago. It also seems as though some posters here have been waiting DAYS, possibly more. Wondering if the company is just giving some lip service instead of actually being proactive about this.
To those previously posting, any updates? Is your laptop still a brick too? Did the work arounds suggested at all work for you?
The billion-dollar Microsoft Works (oxymoron) company owes me a laptop if they can't get their technology together. They can afford the set back, and I cannot.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-30T01:01:38+00:00 Same on my side. It's been over 2 weeks now with the risk of salaries of staff members not being paid from my end but all Microsoft say is visit the online portal for support