Bitlocker url giving me a trace ID error.

Anonymous
2023-11-23T05:08:44+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with accessing my bitlocker recovery keys. Every time I go to manage my recovery key I get an error. I've tried doing it on multiple devices and networks. I don't know why this is happening. This is the message I receive " TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. "

Yes, I have waited and tried again. The only thing that changes is the traceID code. Please help me with this matter so I can use my laptop soon.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T13:15:49+00:00

    To clarify, are you saying that customer support suggested that the error was with the laptop manufacturer?

    I have an Alienware laptop, manufactured by Dell; I wonder what those companies would say to Microsoft's customer supports' suggestion that the error lies on their end. Especially since, and obviously to those with half a brain, the fault clearly lies at the Microsoft end. Another perspective could be that any laptop manufacturer that uses Microsoft OS would see this as a major error, as the software renders the laptop itself literally useless.

    At this point, if the issue with the BitLocker Recovery key page isn't fixed, corrected, or addressed sooner than later, then I would see it as a "fatal flaw". Suggesting that consumers should not purchase laptops using Microsoft. Meaning, consumers who wish to have a well-functioning laptop should probably purchase from the competitors; would seem a more trustworthy source at this point.

    I mean, you can't make BitLocker Recovery page inaccessible to a large chunk of your customers base and then blame that fault on another company. That's so slimy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T09:13:51+00:00

    I've managed to get my keys.

    In fact, I have 2 microsoft accounts linked in Windows. One of which is a university account that I didn't use for the past 4 years or smth. Apparently the keys were in THAT ACCOUNT! Thankfully I managed to restore password and login and get my recovery keys...

    So those that have this issue, make sure that you don't have any other work/school or any accounts linked in your windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T05:01:00+00:00

    My chat experience was that it was an issue with the manufacturer. I told them that both my computers were listed in my MS account and that both had the popsicle with TraceID error.

    So who knows what is going on, and how common this problem is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T00:34:37+00:00

    I've had this issue for 7 days now and going. I have been in daily contact with Microsoft chat support and they still keep telling me the same thing. Their engineers are working on it and they will email me when it's resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T18:11:05+00:00

    It is still not working and there is nothing I can do, the support is saying to clean install the windows again, can I do it without having the keys ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments