Bitlocker url giving me a trace ID error.

Anonymous
2023-11-23T05:08:44+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with accessing my bitlocker recovery keys. Every time I go to manage my recovery key I get an error. I've tried doing it on multiple devices and networks. I don't know why this is happening. This is the message I receive " TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. "

Yes, I have waited and tried again. The only thing that changes is the traceID code. Please help me with this matter so I can use my laptop soon.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T20:08:16+00:00

    Have been locked out of the primary drive of my laptop since the 24th and support has been of no help. I need access to my files for work and can't afford to do a clean installation of windows. I have tried all the proposed "fixes" left by every bot on these forums. At this point I literally cannot do anything about it until Microsoft fixes the server issue. Extremely frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T16:24:47+00:00

    I am having this exact same problem for the past 48 hours, the contact support button just leads to a broken page... when will we be able to get our recovery keys? Why is there no one getting back on this? I have been very frustrated as I need to access my computer and have been locked out for more than 2 days with no help at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T23:44:02+00:00

    Here we are November 28 and the issue is still persisting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T22:33:44+00:00

    I'm having the same error and have had it for over a week now. Microsoft call center refers me online and the online support doesn't have anything that I don't already know. You cannot chat or speak to any one at Microsoft which is frustrating and there's been no support from their end. I have tried all the fixes suggested and nothing has seemed to work so I'm just waiting it out to be fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T16:42:20+00:00

    At this point, there's nothing we can do. It's a complete Microsoft problem that they have to fix on their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments