Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T00:10:59+00:00

    I completely agree. This is such a stupid policy for Microsoft. My card has a registration address in Austria but I'm currently in the Philippines and unable to purchase a new subscription because of border restriction. What a hassle?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T08:18:41+00:00

    Hi, I had cancelled my subscription but still could not take out a new one using my new country's credit card as it was locked to the old country in the payment method address. So I had to get microsoft to do it on a support chat, which was very effective and helpful. I was actually sitting in Thailand (the old country) when I did this, but the new country's card from the UK worked a day after the support chat, even though I was not in UK at that particular time.

    Ahh glad that they could fix that and your IP address location (Thailand) did not prevent you from doing that.

    I left Australia 9 years ago and for the past 9 years I've been topping up my Australian debit card through international money transfer only to pay subscription such as this Office 365/OneDrive and Game Pass...

    And I'm tired doing that because it incurs some cost due to the transfer..

    So you didn't do any extra cautionary steps by downloading all your files into your PC and letting the subs expired to be able to start a new subs with the UK card? (which possibly requires a new MS account if you didn't contact the support..)

    I've asked reddit was recommended to that, but man, downloading 600 GB of data, and setting a different account and then uploading those things, no man no...

    And thanks for replying to this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T07:53:17+00:00

    Hi, I had cancelled my subscription but still could not take out a new one using my new country's credit card as it was locked to the old country in the payment method address. So I had to get microsoft to do it on a support chat, which was very effective and helpful. I was actually sitting in Thailand (the old country) when I did this, but the new country's card from the UK worked a day after the support chat, even though I was not in UK at that particular time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-15T13:22:47+00:00

    Hi Adrián L, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region. You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Hope this helps!

    Dear Blessing

    Thank you so much for the explanation!! I guessed it was something like that since Spotify and Apple have similar policies.

    Have a great weekend.

    Kind regards

    Adrián

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments