Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T07:33:52+00:00

    Hi, did you manage to change the payment method to a card from your current country after the subs expired?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T07:29:41+00:00

    Ahh nice.

    Just want to ask, when your Office 365/OneDrive subscription expired, were you not able to simply change the payment method to your UK card?

    Because I have cancelled my subs (it will expire in 4 days anyway). But I still cannot chanhe the payment method from my Australian card to my Norwegian card. And the price is still in Australian dollar..

    I just want to stop using my Australian card and use my Norwegian card instead because I don’t live in Australia anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T07:22:12+00:00

    Hi, did you manage to change the payment method from a different country?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T06:37:48+00:00

    Hi, any update on this?

    Did you manage to renew your subscription with your Danish card?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments