Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-11T07:00:40+00:00

    Hi, eventually I had a support chat with Microsoft and they fixed the Country issue. So I used tje payment card from my new Country (UK). It all seemed to work after that and I didn't lose any data as there appears to be a 2 month grace period. Hope that helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T13:19:37+00:00

    I am considering the same. Google customer service resolved the same issue within 15 mins of chat. I can now see the google renewal in my current country's currency. Microsoft needs to ramp up their customer service, especially for a product like Micorsoft 365, involving many apps/services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T10:15:59+00:00

    Australia here ya I don’t have any subscriptions and yet it is still greyed out this really frustrating because I need windows pro for bit locker

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-02T05:10:07+00:00

    Hi Adrián L, Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you. Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region. You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Hope this helps!

    Problem is my present Credit Card is discontinued. Presumably I have to let my account expire to add my new local credit card?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments