How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T13:58:52+00:00

    buen día.

    sigue sin funcionar, solo basta indicar algunas letras del correo, cerrar, volver a abrir y de inmediato ingresa a la cuenta sin necesidad de contraseña, y por medio del correo, ingresas al one drive y mucho mas, es un error gravísimo de seguridad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,621 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-17T04:17:33+00:00

    Moderator probably removed it,

    kctcr edited it - possibly because it had their username in the path.... which could have been entered as C:\Users%username%\ (moderators can't see the original text but removing their username makes the most sense as it why it was edited.)

    03 Apr 2024 05:25:56 PM Edited kcrtr

    This is the link from MelecotGetachew 

    Removing Suggested Accounts in New Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T20:31:12+00:00

    For New Outlook Desktop App:

    I saw a few people saying they had issues with clearing the suggested accounts on the new outlook app. I was able to solve my problem as follows:

    I closed the Outlook app and deleted everything from these two directories (I backed it up elsewhere jusssttt in case):

    C:\Users\

    When I reopened the app the accounts I no longer needed were gone. Hope this helps!

    Update 03-Apr-2024:

    I found two more folders.

    C:\Users\

    what directories are you referring to? I can't see!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T22:09:34+00:00

    Hi Jose, good to hear you have been successful. Happy to make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments