How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T10:47:58+00:00

    Thank you very much for the information provided. This case has happened to me and by applying your good explanation I have been able to solve it, especially in step 6 where there was a file where it made reference to the old account. Thank you so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T07:46:57+00:00

    You are welcome. Happy to make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T01:46:10+00:00

    This is the process that finally worked for me, thank you for taking the time to create this detailed response!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T16:46:45+00:00

    Hello, I am using the new Outlook on the web. When I click on the "Email, phone, or Skype" upon Sign in. When I click on the sign on line to input my email address. A black space pops up with extremely old emails. How do I delete and stop these from popping up ever?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments