How do I remove suggested accounts from outlook?

Anonymous
2023-05-01T00:33:53+00:00

When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.

Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.

How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.

I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-16T22:35:16+00:00

    Moderator probably removed it, go to the link user MelecotGetachew provided. Works like a charm

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-30T09:05:13+00:00

    This is what solved my problem. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T15:31:14+00:00

    Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T03:23:28+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same issue. I'm using the New Outlook in Windows 11.

    Thank you !!!

    Carlos Ochoa

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Diane Poremsky MVP 17,621 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-01T01:40:54+00:00

    Are you using Outlook on the web or Outlook desktop - or the New Outlook?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments