Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Hi Everyone,
I've been bothered by this same issue for weeks now and finally found the solution, check out the link below;
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I click on a hyperlink on a website which takes me through to email automatically, i am brought to the outlook page. If i then go to accounts > add account there is suggested email addresses there.
Even having deleted them using the prompts, they are still there in the suggested emails and can be signed in with one click without having to enter a password, which is a major security risk.
How can I actually delete them? I have tried changing my password on the suggested email but alarmingly, the suggested email problem I'm describing above bypassed entering the new password and logged in automatically.
I have also tried clearing cache in outlook and google chrome and nothing has worked.
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Everyone,
I've been bothered by this same issue for weeks now and finally found the solution, check out the link below;
Hi KC,
I have followed your suggestion, but unluckily it didn't work out. As soon as I restart the mail app or restart my computer both subdirs are there again, including all information and the suggested accounts.
I also tried to clean up my computer with CCleaner before restarting it, hoping to delete any resident info, but no success. Apparently it keeps back-ups of these subdirs available somewhere somehow. I searched my computer to find any back-ups directly but that didn't help as well. Do you have any ideas?
On Google Chrome you need to clear the cookies.
chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
Check Cookies and other site data
Click Clear data button.
For the New Outlook app you need to delete Email & accounts.
Windows Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts > click on the account that you don't want to see anymore then click Remove.
I have the same issue. I am using outlook PRE.
Hi Diane,
I also face exactly the same problems with New Outlook.
Surely hope you can help us out here.
Kind regards Michiel