Bitlocker url giving me a trace ID error.

Anonymous
2023-11-23T05:08:44+00:00

Hello, I'm having a problem with accessing my bitlocker recovery keys. Every time I go to manage my recovery key I get an error. I've tried doing it on multiple devices and networks. I don't know why this is happening. This is the message I receive " TraceID: 1THwknOTREqs3QGM.21.67 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. "

Yes, I have waited and tried again. The only thing that changes is the traceID code. Please help me with this matter so I can use my laptop soon.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

35 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 88,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-11-23T07:23:38+00:00

    Hi there, I am John J.D., a fellow Microsoft user like you.

    I understand your frustration. You're not alone, many users are experiencing this error. There is ongoing issue with viewing BitLocker keys. It could be related to Microsoft server.

    Some users have resolved this by:

    > Opening a private browser window (InPrivate or Incognito).

    > Sign up a new Microsoft account.

    > Visiting the recovery keys page with the new account: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey

    > In the top right corner, signing in with another account, then signing in with your normal account. The keys should appear!

    If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft Support to confirm if it's related to their servers. You can contact them here: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

    > Type a keyword and press Enter.

    > Then click "Contact Support"

    Thank you for your understanding. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

    John J.D.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T05:30:32+00:00

    Having the same issue what do I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T01:35:10+00:00

    If its an issue with the Microsoft servers will the issue be resolved in time?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T01:48:35+00:00

    I did contact support. They said they would be working on it and I would get updates. They also gave a case number to check on it but when I did look it said it was resolved and the case was closed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-26T01:31:20+00:00

    I have the exact same error and im afraid in going to lose all the data on my pc. Which I got my first job to buy and have poured thousands of hours of work into

    Im not sure what to do now

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments