Can't change country when add a new payment method for my subscription

Anonymous
2023-04-07T13:58:29+00:00

Hello, I moved from Jordan to Denmark last October, 2022. I want to link the recurrent payment for my Office 365 subscription to the new Danish bank account, but when I try to add a new card and try to edit the address, the option to choose a country appears greyed out. I tried to upload an image to exemplify better. The text in the image is in Spanish since I am Mexican and created the account long ago when I was in Mexico. So what can I do to change the country? Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-07T14:36:53+00:00

Hi Adrián L,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am Blessing, an independent advisor here and a Microsoft user like you.

Please understand that when you have an active Microsoft 365 subscription from another country/region, you will not be able to change your country/region.

You need to wait till the subscription is expired or cancelled before you will ne able to make regional changes and purchase a subscription from your current location. This is due to the regional restriction on Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T11:23:24+00:00

    Hello Blessing,

    Thank you for the information provided above. Currently, I am experiencing the following issues:

    1. I am awaiting the cancellation of my subscription, as I can't use the UAE issued payment card anymore.
    2. I have the option to cancel it from my end, should I do it ? I have only 4 days remaining in my subscription.
    3. I have relocated from the United Arab Emirates to Amsterdam and would like to have all my information linked to my local account.
    4. I have made all the necessary changes except for the payment card. Unfortunately, I cannot change the location.

    Any advise ?

    Thanks,

    Amer

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-23T14:32:20+00:00

    Absolutely!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T03:18:39+00:00

    Hi.

    I need to change my country/region of billing and subscription as I moved to another country. According to your answer I need to unsubcribe and subscribe again in order to change my country/region. While doing this shall I lose my files on OnDrive and on cloud from my previous subscription?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T07:32:12+00:00

    Hi,

    thanks for this I have the same problem. If my subscription expires, will I be loosing everything?

    thanks,

    Amy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments