Outlook showing emails 'sent' but not received by recipients

Anonymous
2024-01-17T18:56:17+00:00

Hello,

For the last couple of weeks, occasionally but not always, the emails I send are not reaching the recipients. This is a serious problem. They appear in the Sent folder, but they are not even reaching the recipient's junk folder. I was about to send my CV to someone, and it's the first time I'm sending an email to a personal address, especially one with a Hotmail extension. I sent the email three times within a 5-minute interval, but it stubbornly didn't reach the recipient. I'm not on any blacklist, and there are no filters; still, it's not reaching. Later, I sent the same email from my inactive Gmail account to the same address, and it reached instantly.

Last week, I received an email from a company for a job interview and responded promptly. Today, they sent the same email as an SMS. I asked if they received my response eight days ago, and unbelievably, they didn't. This email delivery issue, especially in crucial matters, is genuinely frustrating. The company has been waiting for my response for eight days. Unbelievable!

Even the emails I send to my spouse sometimes reach and sometimes don't.

Please, don't provide the usual responses like "if it's in the Sent folder in Outlook, the problem is related to the recipient's account." There is a problem here, and if it's not resolved, I will consider working with another personal email provider.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

22 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T14:04:36+00:00

    My spouse is also experiencing this issue.

    They are unable to send emails from outlook.com to themselves, never mind other email services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T11:08:15+00:00

    It seems to be a global issue.

    In a recent question from another user, a Microsoft agent responded:
    "I can assure you that you are not the only one who's experiencing this issue but on a global scale. Our engineering team is already aware of this issue and are currently working for a solution. We will get back to you as soon as we hear from them." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/hotmail-not-delivering-sent-emails-both-on-laptop/2e3efc4c-0b0b-4c4d-8a94-1f5579304b14

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T10:27:34+00:00

    Hi

    Like you all, I'm am receiving emails in my hotmail account. but when I send emails they are not being received by the recipients. This is the same whether I use the mobile app, the 365 pc outlook or explorer web browser log in.

    It is happening with hotmail to hotmail as well as hotmail to other email services.

    again , only realised this is a recent issue..... 'good' to know I'm not alone and it looks like a Hotmail / Outlook issue

    Fiona

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T09:04:34+00:00

    Have you fixed the problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-04T18:23:30+00:00

    https://outlook.live.com/

    I can send an email from my live account to other non-microsoft accounts I have (which are working/receiving fine).

    The email gets moved to the Sent folder but it never arrives at my other accounts Inboxes.

    https://portal.office.com/servicestatus - is all OK

    What is the deal?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments