New teams showing unread chats when there aren't any

Anonymous
2024-11-15T17:13:23+00:00

I just switched to the new teams that combines chat messages and teams messages. The bubble is displaying a count of unread messages, but when I filter to only show the unread messages nothing is displayed and it says I'm all caught up. Scrolling also doesn't reveal any unread messages.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

26 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T02:36:16+00:00

    I have the same issue, at least on the surface: In Teams Chat (Apple iPadOS), I see a “2” badge but there are no unread chats at all; in fact, there is no “pending” activity or anything of that sort. Ideas? Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-07T15:01:56+00:00

    This also worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T21:56:45+00:00

    I USED TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS,SOLATAIRE,BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIND THEM AGAIN.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T12:08:12+00:00

    Using the separate setting in chats and channels worked for me. There were chat messages from a group meeting that I was unable to attend. These chat messages do not appear at all when using the combined setting. Upon switching to separate, I could then see then unread chats and once read, the notification disappeared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T16:04:26+00:00

    Thank You Oliver Poelchau!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments