New teams showing unread chats when there aren't any

Anonymous
2024-11-15T17:13:23+00:00

I just switched to the new teams that combines chat messages and teams messages. The bubble is displaying a count of unread messages, but when I filter to only show the unread messages nothing is displayed and it says I'm all caught up. Scrolling also doesn't reveal any unread messages.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

26 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T13:16:00+00:00

    I had this issue show up, but flowing through "unread" with button I couldn't find them on my desktop. But on my smartphone I found them. Upsetting that the two were out of sync.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T11:12:05+00:00

    Hi,

    To whom it may help:

    I just had the same issue. after finding above suggestion I checked around on my devices and it turned out I had a unread activity on Teams on my phone (a meeting notice).
    Once I read/cleared that notice the "Unread symbol" went out in both Windows and phone Teams applications.
    BR
    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-19T09:54:01+00:00

    Thank you. Also for me this was the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T08:26:52+00:00

    This fixed the issue for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T20:02:31+00:00

    One edge case that happened to me was that I muted a chat that was for a teams meeting I didn't need to be included on. The organizer then sent out a new time series for the same meeting. This invitation caused the meeting chat to be unmuted, and so I had to search through the long list of chats to find it, read it, and then mark the chat as muted again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments