Microsoft account login shows a white blank screen

Anonymous
2024-02-27T06:49:25+00:00

I've tried everything really haha, but nothing seems to work.

I was just given a computer to fix and it has the following problem: When you open any Windows application that connects to the Microsoft account (MsEdge, Windows Store, Office, OneDrive, etc). It starts the login service normally But it starts showing the loading icon and flashes a white screen, does that about three times and stays white indefinitely.

I tried to fix that by logging in from settings to account but it showed exactly the same white blank window. So I thought windows was corrupted and tried a simple SFC/scannow and dism to fix it but it didn't work. I tried going to internet settings and changing the security level and it didn't work.

So I finally decided to reinstall windows through a bootable USB, and when I was doing that whole process I was successful logging into the account while I was doing the initial setup, finally on windows I decided to test MsEdge and... THE PROBLEM PERSISTED, the same problem as before but now I had the account logged in configurations.

I feel like I tried everything but it keeps happening, it's the only computer that does that on the house so I don't think is the internet connection, maybe a bios problem? But I don't get how this could happen.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

15 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T15:38:33+00:00

    Same problem for me.
    I logged into my account today few times - no only a white screen.
    I can see the page with the tabs on the left "settings, account, devices" but I can´t open a tab.
    I see for a short time the microsoft logo and a blank white screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T20:14:49+00:00

    Problem is that the update is not listed there.

    I can see update installed under "installed updates" but no able to see it in list of available updates to uninstall

    "You cant uninstall certain updates"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T20:14:15+00:00

    Definitions -> Windows Update -> Update History -> Uninstall the desired update.

    or

    Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall Program -> (Left Side) Show Installed Updates -> Uninstall the desired update.

    I can't unistall using these methods as well...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T21:22:26+00:00

    Hello Kirito,

    I have tried the solution above, still getting whitescreen when trying to log into account on microsoft store to download xbox app.

    Sticky notes also gives me whitescreen when trying to connect to my microsoft account.

    Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T02:37:26+00:00

    Hello

    I haven't received the message from you yet. If there is anything more that I can do for you or if anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.  

    Kirito | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments