Bluetooth pairing doesn't work on Windows 11

Anonymous
2025-01-17T16:57:01+00:00

In another post, I tried to fix a Bluetooth issue with my headphones. Now, I can't pair any Bluetooth devices. These devices can pair with my laptop and work fine, so the issue is with my PC. I've shared some screenshots of my situation. Please help me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Estrella721 46,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T20:11:33+00:00

Try a repair in-place upgrade, which will reinstall Windows while keeping your files and apps. This helps fix or replace any corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

Note: Before doing so, unplug all unnecessary external peripherals connected to your PC, and temporarily disable any third-party antivirus program to avoid interference.

  1. Click the 'Download now' button under 'Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)' and save it to your computer: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...
  2. Run the downloaded file and select 'Yes' when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
  3. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms if you agree.
  4. On the 'What do you want to do?' screen, select 'Upgrade this PC now' and click 'Next.'

(This stage will download, verify, and create the Windows 11 installation media.) It will take some time to complete.

  1. Under 'Choose what to keep,' select 'Keep personal files and apps,' then click 'Next.'
  2. Click 'Install,' and the installation will begin. (This process will take some time, so please be patient.)

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

21 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Estrella721 46,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-20T20:40:12+00:00

    Sorry, but I'm only familiar with Windows software-related issues. The steps you've mentioned are related to hardware.

    If that worked before, try it again now. If the issue persists, it may be a deeper hardware problem, as we've already exhausted all the software-related steps, including the Microsoft support suggestions from the other thread. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T20:33:15+00:00

    The devices connected to my PC are peripherals like the microphone, mouse, Wi-Fi wireless antenna, keyboard, HDMI cable from the GPU to the monitor, and the Ethernet cable.

    A question: I had a problem with Bluetooth on Windows 10 a long time ago, and I remember solving it by turning off the PC, unplugging the power supply cable, and holding down the power button for a few seconds. I don’t know what this method is called, but it worked. If you know what it’s called, could you please tell me the steps?

    I would like to try that first before following the suggestion you proposed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T20:07:23+00:00

    How can I perform the system installation? I haven't done it before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Estrella721 46,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-20T18:44:00+00:00

    Yes, that will be the last resort if it’s a software issue. If reinstalling Windows doesn’t resolve it, I’m certain it’s a hardware problem. In that case, you’ll need to consult a local technician. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments