Bluetooth pairing doesn't work on Windows 11

Anonymous
2025-01-17T16:57:01+00:00

In another post, I tried to fix a Bluetooth issue with my headphones. Now, I can't pair any Bluetooth devices. These devices can pair with my laptop and work fine, so the issue is with my PC. I've shared some screenshots of my situation. Please help me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T20:11:33+00:00

Try a repair in-place upgrade, which will reinstall Windows while keeping your files and apps. This helps fix or replace any corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

Note: Before doing so, unplug all unnecessary external peripherals connected to your PC, and temporarily disable any third-party antivirus program to avoid interference.

  1. Click the 'Download now' button under 'Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)' and save it to your computer: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...
  2. Run the downloaded file and select 'Yes' when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
  3. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms if you agree.
  4. On the 'What do you want to do?' screen, select 'Upgrade this PC now' and click 'Next.'

(This stage will download, verify, and create the Windows 11 installation media.) It will take some time to complete.

  1. Under 'Choose what to keep,' select 'Keep personal files and apps,' then click 'Next.'
  2. Click 'Install,' and the installation will begin. (This process will take some time, so please be patient.)

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

21 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-18T20:09:48+00:00

    Hmm, that does seem unusual. I’m glad you were at least able to recover your mouse. I’m wondering if the issue might be with the headphones themselves, perhaps something like compatibility or if there’s something blocking the connection.

    Since the mouse is also a Bluetooth device and connects fine, it suggests that Bluetooth is functioning at least partially.

    Can you try performing a clean boot to check for any interference? Once you're in clean boot mode, try connecting the headphones.

    https://support.microsoft.com/topic/how-to-perf...

    If the problem goes away after a clean boot, it suggests a conflict with a third-party program. Start by enabling the programs you disabled one by one to identify the culprit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T23:41:26+00:00

    I’ve been really scared this whole time. Let me tell you what I’ve done:

    1. First, I restored the system to today’s date, but in the morning. My MX Ergo mouse appeared as already connected, but when I tried to connect my headphones, the issue persisted. That made me think the problem wasn’t resolved; I just went back to the point before I removed my mouse from my devices.
    2. Because of that, I decided to restore the system to a few days earlier, specifically to January 14th, with a description labeled “Windows Modules Installer.” The reason I chose that date was because I remember there was a Windows update recently. I had also downloaded the Fortect application and performed some Scan & Repair operations on my system. Maybe I didn’t notice, but something from that might have affected the Bluetooth.
    3. After restoring the system for the second time to this new date, I encountered a blue screen. I spent over an hour trying countless ways to fix it. Luckily, I was able to restore the system for the third time to today’s date, January 17th, in the morning.

    So, I’m back to square one. The Bluetooth still won’t pair, but at least I’ve recovered my mouse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-17T21:01:07+00:00

    Thanks for trying and for providing detailed information.

    If none of the solutions work, a System Restore might be helpful. Keep in mind that this process will uninstall programs and drivers added since the restore point was established, but your files will be safe.

    Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

    Type "rstrui.exe" and press Enter.

    The System Restore window will open. Click "Next."

    Select a restore point from a date when your computer was working correctly.

    Click "Next," then "Finish."

    Your computer will restart, and the system will be restored to the selected restore point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-17T20:50:22+00:00

    I downloaded the driver from the link you provided, restarted, and it still doesn't work.

    This issue just appeared today because I was previously troubleshooting a specific problem with my WH-1000XM4 headphones, which I detailed in this post.

    Issues with WH-1000XM4 headphones compared to previous WH-910N - Microsoft Community

    Before I started doing all of this, Bluetooth pairing was working correctly.

    While trying to solve the issue, I do remember installing two drivers from the same page you shared. These were the Realtek HD Audio Driver and the Intel Bluetooth Driver. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers in Device Manager.

    I didn't touch anything in the Registry Editor because I know it's not advisable to make changes unless I'm absolutely sure of what I'm doing. Perhaps in my repeated attempts to manipulate the Bluetooth pairing with my headphones to fix the issue, Windows may have detected unusual or suspicious activity and is now blocking any Bluetooth pairing.

    P.S.: When I realized my WH-1000XM4 headphones were no longer pairing, I removed my MX Ergo mouse from my Bluetooth devices to check if the issue was with my headphones or Windows. By doing that test, I confirmed there was a Bluetooth problem, but now I can't use the mouse either. 😢
    Before doing this, the mouse was already connected and working without any issues.

    Regarding the issue I mentioned in my first post, I could live with it and eventually get used to it. However, not being able to connect anything via Bluetooth to my computer has me much more worried. 😢

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments