Bluetooth pairing doesn't work on Windows 11

Anonymous
2025-01-17T16:57:01+00:00

In another post, I tried to fix a Bluetooth issue with my headphones. Now, I can't pair any Bluetooth devices. These devices can pair with my laptop and work fine, so the issue is with my PC. I've shared some screenshots of my situation. Please help me.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-20T20:11:33+00:00

Try a repair in-place upgrade, which will reinstall Windows while keeping your files and apps. This helps fix or replace any corrupted files that may be causing the problem.

Note: Before doing so, unplug all unnecessary external peripherals connected to your PC, and temporarily disable any third-party antivirus program to avoid interference.

  1. Click the 'Download now' button under 'Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO)' and save it to your computer: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win...
  2. Run the downloaded file and select 'Yes' when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
  3. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms if you agree.
  4. On the 'What do you want to do?' screen, select 'Upgrade this PC now' and click 'Next.'

(This stage will download, verify, and create the Windows 11 installation media.) It will take some time to complete.

  1. Under 'Choose what to keep,' select 'Keep personal files and apps,' then click 'Next.'
  2. Click 'Install,' and the installation will begin. (This process will take some time, so please be patient.)

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

21 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T17:12:42+00:00

    Hi

    I’m not sure if this driver change, apparently from a newer version to an older one, has anything to do with my issue. Can you confirm if this is normal or if there’s something unusual?
    Image

    Image

    On November 23, 2024, it shows that I already had that newer driver, but now I have the old one.

    January 17, 2025, is the date when this issue occurred.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T21:25:14+00:00

    I have discovered the following:

    1. While checking the "Services" in Windows, I noticed that the BluetoothUserService has disappeared. In one of the screenshots at the beginning of this post, it’s visible that I did have it before.
    2. The Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver is version 21.50.0.1 from 2019, while the official manufacturer’s website has version 22.170.0.2 available. I tried installing it, but it remains on version 21 and does not update to version 22.

    I tested performing a clean boot and attempted to connect my Bluetooth device, but it didn’t work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Estrella721 46,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-18T20:37:36+00:00

    Thank you. Please let me know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T20:32:47+00:00

    When I performed the system restore, my mouse was already showing as connected; I didn’t have to pair it again. However, if I try to connect my headphones, it’s not possible.

    The possibility that my headphones are the issue is ruled out because I tried with my old headphones, my earpods, and also with my Xbox controller. None of them were able to connect via Bluetooth to my computer.

    If I were to test removing my mouse and re-pairing it, I would face the same problem. That’s why I’m avoiding doing it, so I don’t lose it again.

    I’ve searched extensively for solutions, but none have worked for me.

    It occurred to me that I could restore a backup I made a few months ago when I upgraded from Win10 to Win11. However, I don’t remember the process to restore that backup. This would be my last resort.

    I’ll try the solution you suggested and keep you updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments