BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Anonym
2021-07-22T22:17:09+00:00

Hello I really need help. Random Bluescreen started coming again on PC that worked fine for 2-3 years now. I build the Pc myself and first I had issues too, until I turned off the Turbo Mode settings in Bios, before that I had BSOD constantly on start, after the Turbo Mode was turned off it went well for some years. Now 1-2 month ago it started happening again and it went so bad that I couldnt get into Windows anymore, had to reset Windows and even after reset the BSOD keeped happening. I luckily found the turbo mode setting again and turned it off 2 days ago. Now for some time the BSOD was gone but i already had 4 BSODs since then. We checked my hardware, updated every Driver because a lot of them showed up from 2006 but Windows told me there isnt a better Version but with Easy Drive I found updates (before the reset) and made sure everything is ok. All chkdsk we have done were ok (no errors) and even Ram is ok. Now I rly need help because the BSODs starting again and this is still a big problem. I realized them coming again after I tried rendering a video and I couldn't because everytime I pressed start rendering on Davinci Resolve program it bluescreened so I could force it first before it came back every minute... Now my PC is reset and I only have few Programs installed and these 4 BSODs happened again. I downloaded WHOCrashed and I can post what it told me.

Computer name: DESKTOP-C8MU20R
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2004, build: 19041
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 8664, level: 6
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17085870080 bytes (15.9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis


Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 22.07.2021 17:17:22 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\072221-12859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF8029DB711F7)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8029DB711F7)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Processor Device Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Sometimes on the BSOD the intelppm showed up as well so it should be related to this but I still can't find an answer or a fix how to solve this. Could it be a Harddisk that is weird? Because chkdsk told me everything is ok with my 120 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but they are both like 10+ years old maybe they are too old this is my theory or something is wrong with the power adapter bc kernel mode bsod sometimes happened too.

I'm really greatful if anyone can help me with this problem. As I said we tested a lot and even reset Windows again but the BSODs coming again. I should mention that after reset I downloaded everything on my Harddisk C (my 120gb ssd) and no bsods but when i downloaded a game on my G (1tb hdd) midgame it crashed so I deleted everything on my G again but 2 Bsods happened after this again while playing Valorant on my C (SSD).

Windows für Zuhause | Windows 10 | Geräte und Treiber

Gesperrte Frage. Diese Frage wurde aus der Microsoft-Support-Community migriert. Sie können darüber abstimmen, ob sie hilfreich ist, aber Sie können keine Kommentare oder Antworten hinzufügen oder der Frage folgen.

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

40 Antworten

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. Anonym
    2021-07-23T23:18:11+00:00

    Ok thanks how exactly can I decrease RAM frequency and increase timings? and how much should I change it?

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  2. Igor Leyko 112.4K Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Unabhängiger Berater
    2021-07-23T22:57:46+00:00

    This means yor RAM is faulty or is used in improper mode. Try to decreae RAM frequency and increase timings.

    Please note, any electronic component may degrade over time so your RAM could worsen its parameters during these two years.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  3. Anonym
    2021-07-23T22:49:13+00:00

    Ok thank you for answering. So I did the memory test in advanced and it indeed hang exactly on 21%. What does that mean is my RAM corrupt or broke? My PC worked without BSOD for like 2 years now.

    In my BIOS X.M.P. is disabled so that's not the problem I think.

    We already checked the list in this Forum I can post it again, and my specific RAM Model: G. Skill Ripjaws V (2x, 8GB, DDR4-2400, DIMM 288) wasn't on the list, but 2 different types for 2x8GB. The Model is F4-2400C15D-16GVR. So here is the list can it be that my RAM isn't on the list and the BSOD is because of this? Despite it working without them for 2 years?![Bild](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/9875f6b7-cf3a-4b0b-af0f-8cd57c656cad?platform=QnA![Bild](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/4c4e12ca-cf34-4709-a8d0-2f3c1d874f3d?platform=QnA

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  4. Ingo Böttcher 158.1K Zuverlässigkeitspunkte
    2021-07-23T22:14:02+00:00

    Okay, zumindest passt das von der Auslegung. Das Modell sollte ATX 2.4 unterstützen und damit auch mit dem aktuellen System laufen.

    Alles weitere lässt sich nur testen, indem man Hardware ausbaut bzw. tauscht. Mit Windows hat das alles eher nichts mehr zu tun und ich denke, es wird schwierig, dir da hier im Forum zu helfen. Vermutlich wären da entsprechende Hardware-Foren besser geeignet. Ein Software-Problem ist es ja ziemlich sicher nicht.

    Versuch es mit nur einem RAM Modul. Danach nur mit dem anderen Modul. Alles sonst kann man halt nur testweise tauschen. Da du vermutlich nicht mal eben ein passendes Netzteil griffbereit hast, wird es schwierig, das Netzteil mal eben auszuschließen.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  5. Anonym
    2021-07-23T22:01:02+00:00

    Hier wäre noch der Name der Netzteils:

    Model: BQ L8-700W / ist von **be quiet!**und ist glaube ich das **be quiet!**SYSTEM POWER 9.

    Da ich es noch in meinem alten Computer benutzt habe ist es schon etwas älter vielleicht liegt es daran?

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare