BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Anonym
2021-07-22T22:17:09+00:00

Hello I really need help. Random Bluescreen started coming again on PC that worked fine for 2-3 years now. I build the Pc myself and first I had issues too, until I turned off the Turbo Mode settings in Bios, before that I had BSOD constantly on start, after the Turbo Mode was turned off it went well for some years. Now 1-2 month ago it started happening again and it went so bad that I couldnt get into Windows anymore, had to reset Windows and even after reset the BSOD keeped happening. I luckily found the turbo mode setting again and turned it off 2 days ago. Now for some time the BSOD was gone but i already had 4 BSODs since then. We checked my hardware, updated every Driver because a lot of them showed up from 2006 but Windows told me there isnt a better Version but with Easy Drive I found updates (before the reset) and made sure everything is ok. All chkdsk we have done were ok (no errors) and even Ram is ok. Now I rly need help because the BSODs starting again and this is still a big problem. I realized them coming again after I tried rendering a video and I couldn't because everytime I pressed start rendering on Davinci Resolve program it bluescreened so I could force it first before it came back every minute... Now my PC is reset and I only have few Programs installed and these 4 BSODs happened again. I downloaded WHOCrashed and I can post what it told me.

Computer name: DESKTOP-C8MU20R
Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2004, build: 19041
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 8664, level: 6
12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
RAM: 17085870080 bytes (15.9GB)

Crash Dump Analysis


Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Thu 22.07.2021 17:17:22 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\072221-12859-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF8029DB711F7)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8029DB711F7)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Processor Device Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Sometimes on the BSOD the intelppm showed up as well so it should be related to this but I still can't find an answer or a fix how to solve this. Could it be a Harddisk that is weird? Because chkdsk told me everything is ok with my 120 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD but they are both like 10+ years old maybe they are too old this is my theory or something is wrong with the power adapter bc kernel mode bsod sometimes happened too.

I'm really greatful if anyone can help me with this problem. As I said we tested a lot and even reset Windows again but the BSODs coming again. I should mention that after reset I downloaded everything on my Harddisk C (my 120gb ssd) and no bsods but when i downloaded a game on my G (1tb hdd) midgame it crashed so I deleted everything on my G again but 2 Bsods happened after this again while playing Valorant on my C (SSD).

Windows für Zuhause | Windows 10 | Geräte und Treiber

Gesperrte Frage. Diese Frage wurde aus der Microsoft-Support-Community migriert. Sie können darüber abstimmen, ob sie hilfreich ist, aber Sie können keine Kommentare oder Antworten hinzufügen oder der Frage folgen.

0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare

40 Antworten

Sortieren nach: Am hilfreichsten
  1. Anonym
    2021-08-05T00:20:09+00:00

    Hello, so I got myself new RAM and new M2 SSD. Installed Windows new on my new M2 and disconnected the old harddisks. Changes in BIOS I made was only XMP 1, so the frequency and volts are right, disabled turbo mode and fast boot. New PC Setup:

    Computer name: DESKTOP-PBBJQL4
    Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19043
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
    CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 8664, level: 6
    12 logical processors, active mask: 4095

    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

    RAM: VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

    Harddisk: SSD BarraCuda Q5 M.2. NVMe 1000GB

    Power Adapter: be quiet bq l8 700w

    So the Bluescreens keep happening. I had some DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreens and after restart instant irql not less or equal Bluescreens.

    The Dumpfiles are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhmFVRMrtsL9hSv6BfvX5a3gLx54?e=1FYOCf

    Can it still be some Power Adapter problem, CPU or Motherboard? Any ideas or any hints in dumpfiles?

    Thanks for helping me.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  2. Anonym
    2021-07-26T16:12:29+00:00

    OK I'm reseting my BIOS tomorrow I will write the results when I did it. On my last BSOD I got a more specific Error message in Program WhoCrashed:

    On Mon 26.07.2021 15:24:22 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys (0xFFFFF80129ED11F7)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1, 0xFF, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80129ED11F7)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Processor Device Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

    Maybe this helps find the problem as well?

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  3. Igor Leyko 112.4K Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Unabhängiger Berater
    2021-07-25T22:46:21+00:00

    Please try to do steps described above.

    The error you mentioned may mean minor BIOS incom[atibilities. Please look for updated BIOS.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  4. Anonym
    2021-07-25T22:24:41+00:00

    OK yeah I can try that. I just had another BSOD earlier, in Windows event log first Error shows up as BugCheck 1001 Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet. Der Fehlercode war: 0x0000000a (0xffffffffffffff8b, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8031d4877c7). Ein volles Abbild wurde gespeichert in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Berichts-ID: ccaa2fca-31de-498c-aa2d-1f88ce75aa7a.

    15 min later on the event list I had Kernel-Power Error ID: 137, Die Speichertypbereichs-Register (Memory Type Range Registers, MTRRs) des Prozessors wurden von der Systemfirmware während eines Standbyübergangs (S4) geändert. Dies kann die Leistung bei der Reaktivierung beeinträchtigen.

    The Kernel-Power may also be because my PC goes into Standby mode...

    After every normal Error in the event log kernel power shows up it may be related.

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare
  5. Igor Leyko 112.4K Zuverlässigkeitspunkte Unabhängiger Berater
    2021-07-25T20:40:20+00:00

    Kernel-Power 41 (63) error mostly means the problem with power supplying. Can you replace power supply unit for checking? It may mean problems with power management in BIOS or motherboard too.

    And you may try to turn off all CPU power saving modes in BIOS (different C states) to check if the problem is in motherboard.

    See some details at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client...

    War diese Antwort hilfreich?

    0 Kommentare Keine Kommentare