Computer Issue

Jake Salvi 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T18:31:59.4133333+00:00

Hello, I need help with the following problems with my computer and I will provide context on everything that happened

Initial Issue: I was having trouble with a game that kept crashing, but there was no problems with my PC at the time, I decided to go into the BIOS and load defaults in the BIOS where I do not have my settings saved.

What Happened: After loading these new settings, my windows failed to boot and I kept on getting errors like FLGHTMGR.sys has failed, KRNL errors etc, I tried loading into windows recovery environment and was completely unsuccessful, the computer itself wouldn’t let me get into it. I later on tried changing some settings in the BIOS which did not work at all, adjusting different XMP profiles etc, after trying everything I can in the BIOS, I later on get a USB drive and install windows creation tool on another USB formatting it FAT32, when I tried to install windows again it would crash and give me an error again, I decided to run a couple tests.

The Tests:

GPU: 7800 XT: I decided to test integrated graphics and see if my GPU was the problem and it wasn’t, it did the same errors and things on integrated graphics.

RAM: Tested my DDR5 T Force RAM on MEMTEST86 and it said everything has passed as far as memory

CPU: I9 14900KS it has had previously worked no problem

STORAGE: I have a Blue NVME and a KINGSTON NVME each 1TB, I deleted the boot drive out of the BLUE NVME which after that some problem still occurred after wiping that drive

After ruling out all these problems, I swapped out the Motherboard, I previously had a ASROCK B760M-C and I swapped it out for a brand new ASROCK B760 RIPTIDE WIFI, the same errors occur pretty much, here is some more context, the USB I used for media creation and for MEMTEST86 has been the same one which is 14GB, I’ve just been clearing it and reformatting it, I really want solve this problem on my own,

What should I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

8 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T16:21:28.7166667+00:00

    Hi, thank you for replying. WATCHDOG VIOLATION is a general error for a system failure. When you install Windows OS, can you run it for a while? If yes, try to use it, and once the blue screen is registered, please get the Minidump files of the PC so I can analyze the root cause.

    To get the Minidump files:

    Press the Windows key + E (To open File Explorer)

     

    Click "This PC" > then follow the file path:

     

    C:\Windows\Minidump

     

    Copy the Minidump files and save them to another location, like the Desktop or Documents.

     

    Then please upload them to Cloud storage like OneDrive or any cloud storage you are using, and please share the shareable link here.

    To upload and share the link using OneDrive:

    Go to this link: https://onedrive.live.com/, then upload the file

    Then, provide the shareable link by following the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    Note: If you cannot access the PC at all, you need to manually check the hardware that is failing.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T20:33:41.5066667+00:00

    Perfect! And I hope it will all be good.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T19:29:16.59+00:00

    Hi, thank you for replying. How about installing the OS on a different drive, or making the KINGSTON NVME the primary, removing the other hard drive, and installing the OS from there?

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Lester Bernard Reyes 86,175 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T19:16:50.6666667+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    Since you’re currently at the installation stage, have you tried using a different PSU (power supply) to see if the issue still occurs?

    Based on the initial error you provided, it only shows a general hardware-related error, so you need to test the components one at a time.

    You can also try removing all the RAM sticks and leaving only one installed, then check if the PC continues with the installation. If the issue remains, you can test the other RAM stick as well.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. AI answer

    2026-10-05T18:32:28.4633333+00:00

    Since the motherboard, GPU path, and RAM test have already been ruled out, focus on Windows boot corruption, storage visibility, and firmware/driver state.

    1. Return firmware to a stable baseline.
      • In BIOS, load defaults again.
      • Do not enable alternate XMP profiles while troubleshooting.
      • If the system supports UEFI, keep it in the normal UEFI boot mode used by the Windows installation.
      • Reseat and verify both NVMe drives are detected in firmware.
    2. Try Safe Mode if Windows still reaches any recovery path.
      • Go to Settings > Update and Security > Recovery > Advanced startup.
      • Then select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
      • After restart, choose option 4, 5, or 6 for Safe Mode.
      • If Safe Mode loads, restart normally and check whether storage drivers load correctly.
    3. If Windows does not boot, start in Windows Recovery Environment from installation media.
      • Boot from the Windows installation USB.
      • On Install Windows, select Next > Repair your computer.
      • On System Recovery Options, select Next > Command Prompt.
    4. Verify the boot disk is visible in WinRE.
      • At Command Prompt, run:
             diskpart
             list disk
        
      • Confirm the OS disk appears.
      • Then run:
             list vol
        
      • If the OS disk or volume is missing here, the problem is with disk access rather than Windows files.
    5. Verify Boot Configuration Database entries.
      • In WinRE Command Prompt, run:
             bcdedit
        
      • Check that Windows Boot Manager with identifier {bootmgr} points to the correct device and boot loader path.
    6. Check the file system and Windows files.
      • If the drive is accessible, run disk checking from Windows when possible by right-clicking the drive and selecting Properties > Tools > Check now.
      • Run System File Checker:
             SFC /scannow
        
      • If corruption is suspected, run:
             DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        
      • chkdsk /f C: is also documented for repairing hard-drive errors and requires administrator permissions.
    7. Check for driver or storage-device faults once Windows is reachable.
      • Open Device Manager and look for any device with a yellow exclamation mark.
      • Update or uninstall the affected device.
      • Open Event Viewer and review the System Log for critical errors around the failed boots.
    8. Confirm free space on the Windows drive.
      • Windows recommends keeping roughly 10% to 15% free space available.
    9. If the issue started after the BIOS reset and persists even after reinstall attempts, use recovery options.
      • In recovery, try Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore and choose a restore point from before the failures.
      • If restore is not available or fails, Reset this PC or reinstall Windows from installation media is the next supported path.
    10. If installation media itself crashes repeatedly, narrow the storage path.
    • Disconnect the secondary NVMe temporarily and leave only the intended Windows target drive connected.
    • This reduces boot confusion and helps confirm whether one drive or its boot data is causing the stop errors.

    The strongest next step is:

    • boot to WinRE from installation media,
    • run diskpart, list disk, list vol, and bcdedit,
    • then run SFC /scannow and the documented disk repair steps if the Windows volume is visible.

    If the Windows target disk is not consistently visible in list disk or list vol, the failure is centered on storage access or boot-device detection, which aligns with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE-style troubleshooting.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.