how do i get rid of the ''your windows version is out of date'' banner on gamebar?

Redstone Miner 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T11:58:17.6733333+00:00

its friggin huge, taking up about 1/3rd of each widget

Anything will help. from a registry key to disable it to legit setting the banner to 0px height in its css file WHEREVER that may me

I think there was ways to fix it before and it only appeared less than a year ago

And no, my windows isnt eol. I still receive updates every month.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T13:38:08.6266667+00:00

    i have a special enterprise license. upgrading to 22h2 will leave my system unactivated and with eol in 2025.

    I want to solve the banner issue

    Okay, that makes sense. Can you get a fresh ISO from the Windows provider company?

    The same method can be followed, which won't deactivate(Running setup.exe from the ISO, will preserve everything).

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T13:16:45.8433333+00:00

    i dont think telling someone to ''void their license and stop getting security updates" is a good thing to advice on, and it doesnt solve the original issue...

    I am sorry, it seems you are misunderstanding my response. Here are the actual facts:

    1. There is no question of voiding the license here. This is just a manual method to update, since Windows update isn't offering you 22H2. Your activation is not affected at all by this step.
    2. Your updates would continue until 2027 with this method.
    3. Your data, files, apps, and everything will remain as-is.
    4. This will surely solve the banner issue.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T13:05:44.9866667+00:00

    Hi,

    21H2 is the real problem here.

    22H2 is the latest.

    Can you do this?

    Please download the Media Creation Tool and select "Upgrade this PC now". Direct link for the Media Creation Tool:

    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

    Just do that, wait for the things to be done and verify.

    Install Windows 10 version 22H2 manually

    https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2022/10/install-windows-10-version-22h2-offline.html

    A former Windows Insider MVP writes content on the above blog, so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads."

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. SD - IA 180.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T12:40:51.2966667+00:00

    Hi,

    Press Windows+R keys on the keyboard, or Right-click Start on the Taskbar and choose Run.

    Type "winver" without quotes, and press Enter.

    Let me know the Build number you see.

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?


  5. Horace Wiggins 535 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T12:24:56.9033333+00:00

    I still have a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and the only updates I get are security updates. I paid for the extended security updates.

    https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+to+extend+windows+10+support&qs=AS&pq=how+to+extend+windows+1&sc=12-23&cvid=B856AA9EEE694FA79D753BDAF071EAE4&FORM=QBLH&sp=1&ghc=1&lq=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.