Hi, thank you for replying and sharing information. Yes, you are correct. Based on the steps you have taken, it seems that the issue is with your BIOS. I appreciate you sharing this information.
Windows Update problem with KB5101650 and KB5120249
Both these recent Windows Updates are not working properly for me. They install without problem, but after approx 6 minutes, the whole system freezes, inc mouse, keyboard etc. Only option is to shut down at the power. On restart it does the same thing again - freezes after 6 minutes.
Only option is to Pause updates, uninstall the relevant update, reboot and then everything's ok again.
I am running Windows 10 Home. KB5101650 was installed on 18 July 2026 and today I tried to run windows update again and it pulled down KB5120249 instead - both causing the same problem above.
No recent hardware changes in the last 12 months, so any help would be appreciated. Guessing others have encountered similar problems?
Thanks.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
11 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Lester Bernard Reyes 85,920 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-01T17:29:32.0733333+00:00