OneDrive says I'm not connected to the internet - but I am!

John Roddan 70 Reputation points
2026-03-16T12:30:16.27+00:00

My One Drive doesn't want to sign in on my pc. It gives an error message that I am not connected to the internet. I am connected and have other internet functions running - and can sign on to OneDrive through my browser. I tried to quit one drive and sign in again, and tried all the recommendations I've seen online. However, the same problem remains. What can I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Answer recommended by moderator
EmilyS_726 30,535 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2026-03-31T22:41:10.7333333+00:00

For all of those with the same issue -

Can you go check your Windows Settings > Windows update, and see if you might have  KB5085516 available to install?

KB5085516 was released on March 21st to address Microsoft account sign in issue among some apps caused by KB5079473 https://support.microsoft.com/topic/march-21-2026-kb5085516-os-builds-26200-8039-and-26100-8039-out-of-band-09e85404-1cb6-4ed4-9ca5-3e40d74307b9

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.

8 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Mike 25 Reputation points
    2026-04-07T17:26:13.2733333+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue. It reappers randomly. Waiting a bit and rebooting solved the problem the first time.

    Flushing the DNS and rebooting thing helped the second time. (I'm in the 3d now)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. paloma j p zaragoza 0 Reputation points
    2026-03-31T18:30:36.8733333+00:00

    Same Problem here. Having trouble to connect onedrive. cant access my files from work or event share it via link. Super annoying. =( And im no good in computers to make all this process....

    i cant even sync, have to put on google drive to access remotely

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. cat 0 Reputation points
    2026-03-30T22:04:13.8633333+00:00

    I solved this problem by uninstalling the march 2026 security update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.