Office 365 and Outlook password won't go through on iOS

Orkun A 0 Reputation points
2025-11-28T16:13:04.2866667+00:00

Hello,

I am using outlook and office products personally for 16 years, got a subscription and all.

I bought a new iPhone. Tried to add my outlook mail account to Mail app on iphone, didn't accept my password saying "Tried too many wrong passwords." But my OneDrive accepted the password. I also am logged in on my computer with the same password. I changed my password and tried again, still I am able to log into my account on my Windows OS computer, however, I can't log in my OneDrive on my MacBook and my mail app on my iPhone.

Opened a ticket for this and chatted with a person from Microsoft, they said I am blocked for 72 hours from logging in for trying a wrong password for too many times and suggested to wait that much time. I said okay.

72 hours passed, and I am still not able to add my mail on Mail app on my iPhone, nor am I able to log into my OneDrive or other office apps on my MacBook, giving the same error.

I am so frustrated because I have my work going on there and can't do anything about it. It's also so frustrating that customer support is ONLY available during work time for such a huge company. I appreciate your help.

I tried clearing the cache on Safari and tried. No avail.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | iOS
0 comments No comments

6 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Orkun A 0 Reputation points
    2025-12-03T13:07:37.1233333+00:00

    Update: Solved. Finally.

    I had to enable paswordless sign-in from the account options.

    Good luck everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.