Viva Engage - Import users with CSV fails with Failure Reason: Unclassified

Anonymous
2025-02-02T23:39:32+00:00

What reason are import failures on Viva Engage occuring with Failure Reason: "Unclassified" and how can this be resoved?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Viva | Viva Engage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-02-05T10:12:34+00:00

So far no solution, however the case is being escalated to MS Engineering for more effort.

Until solved, there is a workaround by using Entra to upload users via the bulk operations option shown below:

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

22 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T07:03:25+00:00

    Same here, I imported the CSV files downloaded from Entra id and it all worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T18:01:53+00:00

    I have done 3 x CSV imports this morning (using the same CSVs that didn't work 2 weeks ago and they all worked so I am guessing they have fixed the issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T14:44:43+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-26T14:30:47+00:00

    Thanks Nick! This is great, very helpful!

    Also, if I had questions about this, without gumming up the post, how can I reach you? I checked profile here but no contact info :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments