A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Thank you for moving this. Please note, I am still waiting for the app to finish "setting things up."
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello!
I cannot upload pictures from my iPhone SE. The app reports it has been "Setting Things Up" now for months. What do I need to do to get this fixed?
NLE.
[Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office/OneDrive/iPhone & iPad/Microsoft 365 Apps or Office 365 Business]
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you for moving this. Please note, I am still waiting for the app to finish "setting things up."
Deleting old photos, that I knew were already backed up, worked for me also. It just seemed to unjam it, then all of my new photos synced also. Thank you.
Is there a solution to this as I have the same exact problem with my personal O365 onedrive account, using the iOS OneDrive app.
Hi!
I'm not sure if this is helpful but what I did was to go to the WEB version of onedrive (onedrive.live.com) to see if my latest iphone photos were uploaded there.
They weren't, but instead they had some really old photos (2017 ones) that were still being uploaded. So I assume it got "stuck" somewhere in the system.
I then deleted a few (maybe 10-20 photos?) to see if it would help.
After a few hours, I noticed the words "setting things up" changed to "100+ photos uploading" and things were moving!
Not sure if this was a fix or just so happened to work, but you might want to try.
One problem though - A lot of my old 2017 photos are now listed as 19 January 2021, so I think the dates are a bit messed up. But my latest photos from this morning (21 January 2021) have been uploading instantly so it seems to be moving now.
Hope it works for you too! :)
Hi NLE,
Thank you for posting back and sharing the detailed information.
As you have issue with personal OneDrive account in the OneDrive mobile app on iPhone, to make sure you get the dedicated assistance, we will help you move the thread to the proper category, our engineers will continue trying best to help you. Thanks for your understanding.
Best Regards,
Tina
Hi NLE,
Thank you for sharing the experience with us.
It seems you get the message “Setting Things Up” in the OneDrive mobile app on iPhone.
Are you using OneDrive for business account to sign in OneDrive mobile app? If so, I suggest you use browser and see if you can access OneDrive for business in browser:
Firstly login in Microsoft 365 home page, check if the OneDrive icon still shows "Setting up".
If it also shows "Setting up", I suggest you contact your Microsoft 365 admin, let admin remove your SharePoint license and then reassign it to you. After that, please wait for about 24 hours and try to access OneDrive in browser again. If you can successfully access it, go back to your OneDrive app on iPhone, sign out OneDrive and sign in again, see if it works.
If OneDrive still shows "Setting up" in browser after the admin reassigns license to you, in this situation, it needs to be checked and fixed from back end. Please let your admin help you create a support ticket for this issue from Microsoft 365 Admin Center>Support>New Service Request. This is the best way to further troubleshoot the issue, the support team there has the correct escalation channel of this kind of issue, this is also the most efficient way to handle this case.
Your understanding and patience is appreciated.
Best Regards,
Tina