Missing checkbox "Add online meeting to all meetings" in outlook web app with 365 Business account

Anonymous
2025-01-16T08:55:54+00:00

One of the users in our tenant (who has a M365 Standard subscription license like all the others) does not have the option to "Add online meeting to all meetings" in his online Calendar settings under Events and Invitations. Other users do and in fact when they use the Outlook App on their mobiles they have the option to send the Teams invite through Outlook when they create the event. This user evidently cannot as he does not have the option. He can of course create the invite using Outlook on PC as the relevant Teams plugin for Outlook is present and Teams is running. However being mostly on the move he uses his phone to create eventsor meetings but without the option to generate the Teams invite from Outlook it is a nuisance for him. Granted you can bypass this by opening Teams and creating the event from there on the Teams calendar, my question is WHY is this option completely missing from his online calendar settings - apparently there is something not right with the 365 account as I don't see why one would not see this option appear ONLINE (I can understand using Outlook for PC or Mac which may not synchronize some settings correctly or need to be updated to match the latest behaviors). Has anyone encountered this strange occurance? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-01-17T02:26:29+00:00

Hi IT_Luke

Good day. Hope you are doing well.

Thank you for your detailed reply. I understand that when trying to contact the Microsoft technical support, you are being redirected to the reseller. It is an expected behavior when there are no commercial direct M365 business subscriptions in the tenant. If your Office 365 subscriptions are managed through a federated partner or reseller and the Global Admin cannot open a service request, I kindly suggest contact the reseller’s support provider. The reseller can assist with initiating the request and coordinating with the Office 365 support team. 

After doing further research, I find following parameter that may affect the display of the Add online meeting to all meetings option in Calendar options. For more, please kindly refer to Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration (ExchangePowerShell) | Microsoft Learn. Please kindly run this Exchange Online cmdlet to check the settings for the user mailbox: Get-MailboxCalendarConfiguration -Identity <userID> | Format-List

Thank you very much for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Roger Shen

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

5 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T01:52:25+00:00

    Dear Luca,

    Good day to you and hope you are doing well.

    I am glad to see that my suggestion helped you to guide you towards the right solution. You can also give vote on my reply. With your vote, other users who are facing same query can easily find this thread and check suggestion when they search on community. Your vote helps other user to resolve their queries as well. At this point, we highly appreciate your precious time and kind cooperation.

    Thank you very much.

    Sincerely,

    Roger Shen

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T11:36:29+00:00

    Hi Roger, thanks for getting back to me.

    There is a curious issue with this setting - it is by default blank (as expected) - but:

    DefaultMeetingDuration : 30
    AddOnlineMeetingToAllEvents : False
    OnlineMeetingsByDefaultEnabled :
    WorkspaceUserEnabled : False
    AgendaMailEnabled : False

    ...attempting to set the option returns a date validation error (?!?):

    Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration -Identity ******@domain.com -OnlineMeetingsByDefaultEnabled $true
    Write-ErrorMessage : ||L'ora di fine immessa è antecedente l'ora di inizio. L'ora di inizio deve precedere l'ora di fine.
    In C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpEXO_kjnekmob.y2x\tmpEXO_kjnekmob.y2x.psm1:1189 car:13

    •         Write-ErrorMessage $ErrorObject  
      
    •         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  
      
      • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx:ADObjectId) [Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration], DataValidationException
      • FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=PR3P191MB1359,RequestId=3752c9fc-c176-395e-dce9-0487d705d1ae,TimeStamp=Mon, 20 Jan 2025 11:00:44 GMT],Write-ErrorMessage
      Apparently there is a problem with some date stamp caused possibly by a time zone bug. It says the end hour is prior to the start hour (supposedly of this operation) hence the data validation exception. This is quite certainly a bug or misconfiguration.

    If I simply launch a get-mailboxcalendarconfiguration of the user in fact I get this (identity removed):

    AVVISO: L'oggetto xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx: è danneggiato o non è compatibile con i requisiti di supporto Microsoft ed è in uno stato incoerente. Si sono verificati i seguenti errori di convalida:
    AVVISO: L'ora di fine immessa è antecedente l'ora di inizio. L'ora di inizio deve precedere l'ora di fine.

    WorkDays WorkingHoursStartTime WorkingHoursEndTime WorkingHoursTimeZone


    Weekdays 08:00:00 00:01:00 W. Europe Standard Time

    -> The object is damaged or in an incoherent state

    In fact the reported start working hour was 08:00:00 but the end was 00:01:00 - impossible. So I set the working hours start time and end time with the cmdlet to a consistent accepted value and voilà the object was fixed. I tried again to set that Meetings setting from the online calendar web options but I still don't see it - possibly I need to wait for a while for something to sync. If after waiting I still don't see the option, I will try to set it using the cmdlet which should override any other inconsistent setting.
    

    Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

    Luca

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T20:20:17+00:00

    Hi Roger,

      thanks for the reply: the issue is not the browser as this occurs only on that account - if I switch account the others are fine. Also the same happens on other PCs (I tried this on mine using his account and the person experiences the same on his while with my account the option is there) so it's definitely not a browser or cache issue. I am a Global Admin but when I ask for support I get forwarded to email the reseller which is awkward ad on other tenants I get a direct support request - but this is another story.
    

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T10:39:39+00:00

    Hi IT_Luke

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Based on the description, I understand that one user who has M365 business standard license assigned do not have the "Add online meeting to all meetings" option in Outlook on the web - Settings - Calendar - Events and invitations.

    To further clarify the issue, please kindly confirm the following information.

    1. What kind of web browser is the user using when accessing Outlook on the web? Is the browser fully updated?
    2. Could the user try to use a different browser and check the issue?
    3. Please kindly clear the browser cache/cookie and retry.

    If the issue persists, as it is an account-specific issue and given it is happening on the OWA end (server-related), it is highly recommended to open a support request directly with the Microsoft support team. Microsoft's back-end support team can check the advanced logs and investigate the situation further. Due to the limited permissions and access resources of our community moderators, we are unable to collect certain types of registration information in public forums for this reason and for the privacy of our users' data. Microsoft 365 global admins in your Microsoft work or school account can contact the Microsoft 365 support team on the back end through support requests. Here’s what your Microsoft 365 Global Admin should do next: 

    1. Submit a Service Request: The Global Admin should create a service request with Microsoft support to get advanced technical assistance and diagnostics. For detailed instructions on how to get support, please refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin.
    2. Call Microsoft Support: For additional assistance, use this link to find the appropriate contact number: Global Customer Service phone numbers - Microsoft Support

    Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Roger Shen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments