How do I change the Photos destination location in Windows 11 when importing photos from an iPhone 16?

Anonymous
2025-01-25T22:43:55+00:00

How do I change the Photos destination location in Windows 11 when importing photos from an iPhone 16? The default is onedrive which I do not want to use. I want to import to my Pictures folder on the C:drive. I have not found a way to change it. Thanks. I've also tried Photos Legacy but after it seemingly accessed the photos on the iPhone, the app closes.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Manoel Barros 22,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-01-27T23:30:07+00:00

I did some tests on my personal computer and found out how you can do this easily.

  1. First add your Pictures folder. Open File Explorer (WINDOWS + E) > Click on Gallery > Click on "Collection" in the top menu > Manage Collection.
  2. Click on Add > Add your Pictures folder or any other folder you want. Click OK.
  3. Close and Open the Photos app > The folder you added will be there. When you import your pictures, the folder will appear.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

6 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Manoel Barros 22,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-28T16:21:27+00:00

    Hello! Thanks you for your feedback and details about troubleshooting! This will help many users with the some issue.

    I am glad your problem has been solved! Don't forget to rate this topic!

    Take Care!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Manoel Barros 22,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-01-26T23:44:18+00:00

    Thanks for your feedback!

    While importing photos, you can select a destination folder. You can see this in the link below:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/imp...

    As per the link above, If you are having trouble with your iPhone import, make sure your device is unlocked and you’ve accepted the permissions.

    If this is not what you are looking for, You can suggest this improvement to Microsoft by posting a comment in the Feedback Hub.

    Follow the link below on how to do this:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sen...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments