Edge will not open (macOS Ventura 13.2.1)

Anonymous
2023-02-19T18:37:22+00:00

I downloaded Microsoft Edge (for Apple chip) for my 2020 MacBook Air with everything updated (macOS Ventura 13.2.1). However, when I click the Edge application to open it, it attempts to open for a second, but then nothing happens. I have no idea what could be wrong.

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-04-08T08:16:15+00:00

The only version I got to work was a dev version that can be found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business/download?form=MA13FJ

I am currently got this to work:

Edge Dev Version 113.0.1774.3 (Official build) Dev (x86_64)

MacOS Ventura 13.3.1

Intel Mac

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

13 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-11T13:06:24+00:00

    This also worked for me. I'm running macos 13.2.1 and the standard download from the microsoft site wasn't opening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-09T17:37:33+00:00

    Thanks, I gave that link a shot. Downloaded fine, installed. Still can't load the app. I don't understand what the problem is but now I'm thinking that some other version of Edge that I previously downloaded left behind a corrupt file which is playing out across all other Edge installations. Arrgh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T21:06:18+00:00

    I appreciate your help. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T21:03:27+00:00

    Unfortunately I am not sure how to assist further, hopefully another advisor will be able to assist further.

    Kind Regards,

    Elise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments