Reducing lag when swiping back on MS Edge on Mac

Anonymous
2021-04-10T17:23:58+00:00

Hi, I have started using Edge on my Mac today and I have noticed when navigating back/forward using touchpad there is a certain delay before the navigation actually happens. It is very annoying and makes you browse the web slower.

I have recorded a video which illustrates the issue I am having, first you can see how slowly Edge does the navigation, and then you can see how quickly Chrome does the same thing

https://monosnap.com/file/7tXMbt4EL7A2lmAgK0SOaNbv2OH5n0

This only happens when using the touchpad to swipe back/forward, using keyboard shortcuts or pressing the back button with mouse provides instant navigation, as it should always be.

Is there any way to reduce or completely remove this lag?

Thanks!

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

18 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-06T19:58:46+00:00

    Set "swipe between pages" to THREE fingers instead of two and problem solved.

    It's strange why two finger swipe is slower than three!? Please fix this issue Microsoft Team. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-26T09:13:40+00:00

    why it happend 2021...

    mac edge only two finger swipe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-21T20:43:04+00:00

    I've just installed latest Edge Version 90.0.818.41 (Official build) (64-bit) and this issue seems to be fixed!

    Awesome

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-04-13T19:53:25+00:00

    Thanks for your reply, I've sent my feedback using the method you described and I've also linked to this issue in my feedback. I hope there is some solution.

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-04-12T11:25:55+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

    I understand your query related to the lag when swiping between pages on Microsoft Edge.

    We tried reproducing your query on our lab machines and found the same behaviour as you’re seeing.

    I would also appreciate if you could provide feedback and suggestions so that our developing team can look into the suggestions and constantly improve the features. You can Open Microsoft Edge. Click on the Settings & More Ellipsis (…) on the right hand corner and then, select Help & Feedback and select Send Feedback. 

    Regards,

    Prakhar Khare

    Microsoft Community – Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments