Partial blue or gray screen in Teams?

GlenTech 496 Reputation points
2023-03-10T19:23:43.85+00:00

One user started getting either a gray or blue partial screen in MS Teams which I haven’t seen happen to anyone before.

I tried clearing the “%appdata%\roaming\microsoft\teams” folder to delete the cache but that didn’t work. Then, I did a full uninstall and re-install after deleting all Teams folders in %appdata% both roaming and local. Did not work either. Disabled hardware acceleration and still no luck.

Her Teams version is the newest version (1.6.00.4472) and she’s on Win 10 22h2.

Anyone else see this before?

IMG_4462

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

31 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Martin Pelikan 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-20T05:34:22.01+00:00

    I have a few users with the same issue for almost two weeks now.
    The only thing I found out that helps for a while is to taskkill Teams - it helps for a while, but occurs again anyway sooner or later. Tried to delete cache, set default theme, reinstall teams..and I'm honestly out of ideas.
    It only occurs whenever the try to view tasks in the teams they joined into, I don't know why. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Austin 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-15T16:03:34.03+00:00

    I'm also getting a report of this issue but haven't gotten in contact with my end user. I'll try clicking the ellipses on the left and follow up on whether that works.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Casey Stamey 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-15T13:25:14.15+00:00

    Having same issue. Brand new computer deployed 2 weeks ago. Cleared cache and reinstalled Teams. Issue persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Nathan Giles 50 Reputation points
    2023-03-15T13:24:16.0433333+00:00

    I had this exact same issue. However, it only gave me the blue/gray screen when I double clicked on the file. If I simply single clicked it wouldn't give me any issues. My IT department let me know it must be a bug within Teams. Unfortunately, I think it's something only Microsoft can fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. 28302211 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-15T12:55:09.0766667+00:00

    Same issue here. The screen is blue while loading (kind of) and then gets greyish instead of clear white.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.