Word for Mac keeps asking to save even when no changes were made

Kevser Yıldırım 0 Saygınlık puanı
2026-01-13T16:46:30.67+00:00

For the last 1–2 months, Word for Mac has been prompting me to save documents even when I haven’t made any changes. This happens with every file, including blank new documents. I tried contacting Microsoft Support but was unable to reach an agent, so I am reporting the issue here.

Troubleshooting steps I have already tried:

– Deleted and regenerated Normal.dotm

– Cleared AutoRecovery folder

– Removed all Word-related .plist files

– Reset Word preferences

– Disabled AutoSave, background saving, and AutoRecovery

– Reinstalled Word completely

This issue never occurred in the past 10 years of using Word on macOS. It started only recently, so it may be related to a recent update or regression. Any guidance or confirmation from the product team would be appreciated.

Microsoft 365 ve Office | Word | Ev için | macOS

1 yanıt

Sıralama ölçütü: En yararlı
  1. John Oliver 11,700 Saygınlık puanı Bağımsız Danışman
    2026-01-13T17:57:49.58+00:00

    Merhaba Kevser Yıldırım, toplulukta bunu paylaştığınız için teşekkürler.

    macOS sürümünüz nedir? Zaten birkaç sorun giderme adımı uyguladığınız için bu bir hata olabilir veya macOS’u güncelleyerek çözülebilir. Sorun devam ederse lütfen şu bağlantı üzerinden geri bildirim gönderin: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/forum/fb6d67e3-301c-ec11-b6e7-0022481f8472

    [Thread], Why Does Word for Mac Now Prompt Me to Save Changes Not Made?

    Saygılarımla,

    John Oli

    Bu yanıt yardımcı oldu mu?


Yanıtınız

Yanıtlar, soru sahibi tarafından ‘Kabul Edildi’ ve moderatörler tarafından ‘Önerildi’ olarak işaretlenebilir, bu da kullanıcıların yanıtın yazarın sorununu çözdüğünü bilmelerine yardımcı olur.