Microsoft accepted my Surface for repair, lost it, and now won’t repair or return it

Алексей Вуколов 0 Баллы репутации
2026-09-09T12:31:48.92+00:00

really don’t understand what is going on with Microsoft support anymore.

I sent my Surface Pro 11 for an official warranty repair. Microsoft accepted the repair request, gave me the shipping instructions, and I sent the device exactly as I was told.

Then the Surface was lost during shipping.

Now Microsoft says they cannot repair it. Okay, then give me my device back. But obviously they can’t do that either because the device is lost.

So where does that leave me?

The most ridiculous part is that I was told to contact UPS and sort it out with them myself. Why should I do that? I did not arrange this shipment with UPS. Microsoft did. Microsoft is the customer of UPS in this case, not me.

And UPS has already paid Microsoft for the lost shipment.

So let me get this straight: Microsoft accepted my Surface for repair, the device disappeared during the repair process, UPS paid Microsoft compensation for it, Microsoft does not want to repair it, Microsoft cannot return it, and I still have no replacement.

Seriously?

Why am I the one who has to chase UPS, Microsoft support, different agents and different departments just to get my own property back?

I sent my device to Microsoft, not to UPS. Whatever happened between Microsoft and UPS is something Microsoft needs to deal with internally. That should not be pushed onto the customer.

At this point I don’t need another “your case has been escalated” message. I don’t need another request to wait. And I definitely don’t need to be sent back to UPS again.

I no longer care what Microsoft wants to do internally with this case. I simply want my property back.

Microsoft accepted my device, the device was lost during transportation arranged by Microsoft, and UPS has already compensated Microsoft for that loss. Microsoft is the UPS customer, not me.

This was MY PROPERTY. Microsoft has already received money from UPS for losing it, while I am still left without my device.

So the solution is very simple: return my property to me. If Microsoft is unable to return it, compensate me for the loss.

I am tired of waiting a week at a time, contacting support again, answering the same questions and being sent in circles. I just want this resolved.

Surface | Surface Pro | Производительность и техническое обслуживание
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Vikki-T 11,450 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2026-09-10T08:16:54.9566667+00:00

    Please note that this is Russian Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Russian. However, I will still provide an answer on English based on your initial response. 


    Hi Алексей Вуколов,

    I understand how frustrating this situation must be, especially after you followed Microsoft’s shipping instructions and have repeatedly contacted support without receiving your Surface back, a replacement, or a clear resolution.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, cannot access repair records, shipping claims, or back-end systems, and cannot directly authorize a replacement or compensation. My role here is limited to providing guidance based on the information you have shared.

    Since this concerns a device reportedly lost during a Microsoft-arranged repair shipment, it will need to be resolved by Microsoft Support through your existing service case. When contacting support again, ask for the case to be reviewed by a supervisor or the appropriate Surface repair escalation team. Please keep your service order number, support case number, UPS tracking information, and any confirmation regarding the lost shipment available.

    You can contact Surface Support here: Contact Microsoft Support

    I know this is not the news you were hoping for, but I want to make sure you receive the most accurate information about your situation. Unfortunately, the forum cannot verify the reported UPS compensation or determine whether Microsoft should issue a replacement or reimbursement. Those decisions can only be handled by the support team reviewing the repair and shipping records. Thank you so much for your understanding.   


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.