I can take look. Drop it on Google Drive or OneDrive and reply with a link.
AirParrot3 does not start
Hello everyone,
I have troubles with running AirParrot3 software.
I cannot even start the app on my Windows 10.
I was strugling with Squirrels Support for more then month but today they decided that, my purchase will be refound and they do not know why and how AirParrot is not working on my notebook.
I can post any detail is needed to resolve this issue but I will start with Event Viewer log.
Below you can find details about device I use:
Asus ROG Strix Scar III G531
Windows 10 Pro, v. 20H2
Build 19042.630
Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Windows dla domu | Windows 10 | Projekcja komputera
Pytanie zablokowane. To pytanie zostało zmigrowane ze społeczności pomocy technicznej firmy Microsoft. Możesz zagłosować, czy pytanie jest pomocne, ale nie możesz dodawać komentarzy ani odpowiedzi, ani też śledzić pytania.
Odpowiedzi: 7
Sortuj według: Najbardziej pomocne
-
Anonimowe
2020-11-18T02:41:48+00:00 -
Anonimowe
2020-11-18T02:37:50+00:00 Thanks William again,
There is really not much to be done, yet I did not checked app with ProcessMonitor. I have the output but there is a lot of entries. I am not sure if I can handle it.
Maybe someone could help? I would upload log file to cloud fileshare then.
-
Anonimowe
2020-11-18T01:52:00+00:00 If you are technically inclined and understand some intermediate Windows internals, I would suggest Process Monitor as a troubleshooting tool: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d.... Set a filter for the process executable (parrot3.exe) and examine the lifecycle in the trace logs to establish a process profile and try to ascertain where it fails.
Unfortunately, other than that, there is not much that can be done from a Windows troubleshooting perspective.
-
Anonimowe
2020-11-18T01:43:08+00:00 Thanks William for quick reply.
I checked logs many times, it always looks same:
"2020-11-18 01:28:56. 58148, I, LOGGER : Log level set to Info
2020-11-18 01:28:56. 59146, I, WRAPPER : AirParrot for Windows (3.1.1.123)
2020-11-18 01:28:56.248048, I, WRAPPER : Updating network data
2020-11-18 01:28:56.251034, I, COMPAT : Address: 192.168.0.26, MAC: 0x04d4c4e5e76c
2020-11-18 01:28:56.251034, I, COMPAT : , Adapter type:
2020-11-18 01:28:56.251034, I, COMPAT : Ethernet
2020-11-18 01:28:56.251034, I, COMPAT : Going with this MAC: 0x04d4c4e5e76c
2020-11-18 01:28:56.252031, I, WRAPPER : HTTP DeviceId Changing from: 0xa88e246eae74 to 0x04d4c4e5e76c
2020-11-18 01:28:56.252031, I, COMPAT : Address: 192.168.0.26, MAC: 04D4C4E5E76C
2020-11-18 01:28:56.252031, I, COMPAT : , Adapter type:
2020-11-18 01:28:56.252031, I, COMPAT : Ethernet
2020-11-18 01:28:56.252031, I, COMPAT : Going with this MAC: 04D4C4E5E76C
2020-11-18 01:28:56.252031, I, WRAPPER : HTTP ip Address Changing from: 192.168.100.164 to 192.168.0.26
2020-11-18 01:28:56.256021, I, SQMDNSENUM : mDNS server is not running. Starting up now.
2020-11-18 01:28:56.256021, I, SQMDNSENUM : SQMDNSEnumerate: Beginning browse: 1
2020-11-18 01:28:56.264998, E, COMPAT : Failed to read Version from registry
2020-11-18 01:28:56.264998, E, COMPAT : Failed to read Version from registry"
I also add screenshot of my registers for AirParrot3 (not sure if those are registers with app is looking for):
There is also nothing in troubleshooting on Squirrels site that could help me. Like i said, i spend month with support and it's still not working.
-
Anonimowe
2020-11-18T01:04:57+00:00 Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William, I’m an Independent Advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.
All I can tell you based on the hresult of 0xc0000409, is that the issue is due to the system detecting an overrun of a stack-based buffer in the program, with the faulting module being the sqmDNSResponder. For more details, you will need to examine the parrot logs per this support article: https://help.airsquirrels.com/support/solutions... and then refer to https://help.airsquirrels.com/support/solutions... for additional troubleshooting.