Unable to activate Azure for Students – "Not eligible for Azure free account" message

주희 이 20 평판 포인트
2026-10-01T10:50:34.0266667+00:00

Hello,

I am a student at [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] in South Korea, and I am trying to activate an Azure for Students subscription for my Cloud Computing course.

I verified my student status with my school email address, [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@knou.ac.kr. However, during sign-up I received the following message:

"You're not eligible for an Azure free account. Don't worry, you can continue using Azure with pay-as-you-go pricing with no upfront commitment."

I do not want a pay-as-you-go subscription. I need an Azure for Students subscription to complete my course assignments.

  • Microsoft account used to sign in: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]
  • School email used for verification: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@knou.ac.kr
  • Country/Region: South Korea
  • Sign-up page: https://azure.microsoft.com/free/students

Could you please check why my account is not eligible, and help me activate the Azure for Students offer?

Thank you for your help.

Microsoft 365 및 Office | 구독, 계정, 청구 | 교육용 | 기타
댓글 0개 설명 없음

질문 작성자가 수락한 답변
Daniel-Vo 6,610 평판 포인트 Microsoft 외부 직원 중재자
2026-10-01T11:52:52.51+00:00

Since this is a Korean-language forum but I see that you are using English, I will respond to you in English. Please let me know if you have any other requests.

Dear 주희 이,

First of all, I want to clear something up: this is a forum where people help each other out. Nobody here has the tools or the authority to help you with account or billing issues. But I can give you some instructions on how to sort this out.

The most likely cause is that your institution's email domain (knou.ac.kr) is not currently recognized by the Azure for Students academic verification system. What is happening is that the Azure verification engine validates student eligibility against a list of approved academic domains, and your domain may not yet be registered or recognized in that database.

The eligibility criteria for the Azure for Students offer are as follows:

  1. You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited institution.
  2. You must be at least 18 years old or have reached the age of majority in your country of residence, whichever is later.
  3. You must have a valid school email address that ends with .edu or .ac.
  4. You must have a Microsoft account that is associated with your school email address.
  5. You must not have an existing Azure free account or a paid Azure subscription.

I would recommend reaching out to your school’s IT department or Microsoft 365 administrator. They can help verify whether your institution is properly enrolled and recognized within the Azure for Students program.

If everything is proceeding normally, then this issue may require further review by the Azure for Education Support team, particularly if the academic verification process is unable to validate your student status or recognize your institution. You may need to provide:

  • Your academic email address
  • Institution name
  • Country
  • Screenshot of the error message
  • Proof of current enrollment if requested

For additional information, please review:

In some cases, the academic domain may need to be reviewed and added to the verification system before students can successfully redeem the Azure for Students offer.

I hope this information helps.

If my answer helped you resolve your issue, please consider clicking it yes. This helps others in the community find solutions more easily.

이 대답이 도움이 되었나요?

1명이 이 답변이 도움이 된다고 생각했습니다.
댓글 0개 설명 없음

0 추가 답변

정렬 기준: 최신순

답변

질문 작성자는 답변을 '승인됨'으로 표시하고, 중재자는 답변을 '추천됨'으로 표시할 수 있습니다. 이를 통해 사용자는 해당 답변이 작성자의 문제를 해결했다는 것을 알 수 있습니다.