Microsoft Authenticator App Authentication Code Not Displaying Issue

TECHWELL 0 평판 포인트
2026-08-19T02:14:37.15+00:00

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with the Microsoft Authenticator app where authentication codes are not being displayed.

Issue Details:

  • I recently changed my mobile device and reinstalled the Microsoft Authenticator app
  • I added my company account (ID: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@techwell2002.onmicrosoft.com) to the app
  • After adding the account, no 6-digit authentication codes are appearing in the app
  • When I attempt to log in via Google with the same account ID ([Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@techwell2002.onmicrosoft.com), the system prompts me to enter a 6-digit code
  • However, I cannot locate where to obtain this authentication code, as it is not displayed in the Microsoft Authenticator app

Questions:

  1. Why are authentication codes not appearing in the Microsoft Authenticator app after adding the account?
  2. Where should I obtain the 6-digit authentication code if it's not shown in the app?
  3. Is there a separate admin account that I should be using instead?
  4. Is there an alternative authentication method available?

Please advise on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft 365 및 Office | 설치, 사용, 활성화 | 기업용 | 기타
댓글 0개 설명 없음

답변 1개

정렬 기준: 가장 유용함
  1. Alina Le 5,495 평판 포인트 독립 자문가
    2026-08-19T02:35:26.9766667+00:00

    Disclaimer: I see that you posted this case in the Korean forum (KO-KR), but your question is written in English. Therefore, I will respond in English to keep our conversation consistent. Please let me know if you would prefer to continue in another language.

    Hello @TECHWELL

    As you described, this issue may have occurred because the Microsoft Authenticator app data was not properly transferred to your new phone.

    (It is important to transfer your Authenticator app data before switching to a new device to avoid losing access to your accounts. The Authenticator app stores your verification codes, and without migrating this data in advance, you may be locked out of essential services such as email or work accounts. Transferring the data beforehand ensures your sign‑in methods remain intact and helps prevent recovery issues later.)

    May I confirm whether you still have access to the Authenticator app on your old phone? If so, you can also refer to the following thread for guidance on properly transferring the Authenticator app.

    How do I transfer my Microsoft Authenticator data from my iPhone to a Samsung phone? - Microsoft Q&A

    _

    If you no longer have access to your old phone and are unable to use other verification methods (such as a phone call, SMS, or email) to sign in to your account, the only way to regain access is to contact your IT Administrator or Global Administrator.

    As you are using a work account, they can update your authentication methods, including your phone number, through the Microsoft Entra admin center and help you restore access to your account.

    In the Entra admin center, an administrator can set user accounts to require a re-enrollment of multi-factor authentication (MFA). Ask your administrator to follow the steps shown in the following article:

    Manage user authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multi-factor authentication

    User's image

    User's image

    Require re-enrollment MFA: This disables all previous authentication methods. You'll then be prompted to set up a new MFA authentication method the next time you try to sign in, so you can add a new authenticator app.

    *Note:

    • Please note that in this case, you only need to find the global admin of your organization’s tenant. They are the ones who can help you regain access to your account.
    • The global admin is usually someone in your school’s IT team or a system administrator. They manage Microsoft 365 settings, licenses, and security

    Take care, and have a great week!


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    이 대답이 도움이 되었나요?


답변

질문 작성자는 답변을 '승인됨'으로 표시하고, 중재자는 답변을 '추천됨'으로 표시할 수 있습니다. 이를 통해 사용자는 해당 답변이 작성자의 문제를 해결했다는 것을 알 수 있습니다.