I cannot access my authenticator app from my new phone

Nari Son 0 평판 포인트
2026-07-04T03:15:16.4666667+00:00

Hello,

I use an authenticator app for my school account, which is not current account. The email address associated with my school account is [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed] 

I recently lost my phone and had to replace it. Since the authenticator app was installed on my old phone, I no longer have access to the authentication codes needed to sign in to my school account.

How I can regain access to my account?

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 및 Office | 구독, 계정, 청구 | 교육용 | Windows
댓글 0개 설명 없음

답변 1개

정렬 기준: 가장 유용함
  1. Darren-Ng 12,775 평판 포인트 Microsoft 외부 직원 중재자
    2026-07-04T03:58:12.4966667+00:00

    Note: Since you are using English, although the site locale is Korean (ko-kr), I will response to this question in English. Thank you for your understanding. If there is anything unclear about my reply, please leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  

    Dear @Nari Son,

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Please understand that our forum is a public platform, and I will modify your question to cover your personal information in the description. Please notice to hide these personal or organization information next time you post error or some information to protect personal data. 

    Based on your description, you have changed your phone and cannot use authenticator app.

    The recommended solution is to contact your school’s IT Helpdesk or Microsoft 365 administrator and request an MFA/Authenticator reset for your account. Once they reset your authentication methods: 

    You will be able to sign in again 

    You will then be prompted to re-register Microsoft Authenticator on your new device 

    This is the standard recovery process when access to the original authenticator device is lost, as only an administrator has permission to reset those security settings. As a forum moderator, I do not have administrative access to change these settings.

    You can also refer to this Microsoft support article for more information: Manage authentication methods - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn  

    I hope my information above helpful and can help you resolve your issue as soon as possible, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    이 대답이 도움이 되었나요?

    댓글 0개 설명 없음

답변

질문 작성자는 답변을 '승인됨'으로 표시하고, 중재자는 답변을 '추천됨'으로 표시할 수 있습니다. 이를 통해 사용자는 해당 답변이 작성자의 문제를 해결했다는 것을 알 수 있습니다.