Viral Tenant(Unmanaged Tenant) with my university email

익명
2026-04-01T10:36:50.2066667+00:00

Hello, I need assistance with deleting an account created with my university email address.

I previously created this account by mistake, and now I want to close it. However, I am unable to delete it myself.

I contacted my university's IT department, and they informed me that this account is part of an 'unmanaged' or 'Viral Tenant' that they do not administer. They explicitly instructed me to contact Microsoft Support to request the manual deletion of this specific account within that viral tenant.

Could you please help me process the deletion of this account?

Microsoft 365 및 Office | 구독, 계정, 청구 | 교육용 | MacOS
댓글 0개 설명 없음

답변 1개

정렬 기준: 가장 유용함
  1. 익명
    2026-04-01T12:10:07.3033333+00:00

    Please note that this is the Korean (ko‑kr) forum. I kindly recommend posting your question in Korean so that more community members can assist you effectively. If you prefer using English, you are welcome to post in the English forum instead. I sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

    Hello RyuSaera,

    Please note that this is a user‑to‑user community forum. I’m only a moderator here, so I don’t have access to backend systems and I’m not able to manage tenants, perform deletions, or escalate account removal requests on your behalf.

    Based on my research and experience, in situations like this, the account is normally managed by the organization’s IT administrator. Since your university IT has already confirmed that they do not manage this unmanaged (viral) tenant and have declined ownership, you technically can leave the tenant as is. In most cases it won’t cause immediate issues, although it may lead to identity confusion later.

    The remaining option is to contact Microsoft directly and request their assistance. You can reach Microsoft Support here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smc2&ContactUsExperienceEntryPointAssetId=S.HP.SMC-HOME

    On that page, type “Delete unmanaged tenant” and press Enter, then choose Contact support. On the Contact support page:

    • Product and services: Microsoft 365 and Office
    • Category: Technical support

    When a Microsoft Support agent reaches out, please explain the following:

    • You want to close an unmanaged (viral) tenant that was created using your university email address
    • Your university IT administrator has confirmed they do not manage this tenant and has refused ownership
    • You are requesting manual account cleanup or deletion by Microsoft

    I hope this information is helpful and hopefully Microsoft Support can review the case and assist further.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    이 대답이 도움이 되었나요?

    댓글 0개 설명 없음

답변

질문 작성자는 답변을 '승인됨'으로 표시하고, 중재자는 답변을 '추천됨'으로 표시할 수 있습니다. 이를 통해 사용자는 해당 답변이 작성자의 문제를 해결했다는 것을 알 수 있습니다.