File size limit for automatic gallery sync

אנונימי
2023-02-03T09:24:23+00:00

Hi,

What is the file size limit for uploading files from Samsung Galaxy to onedrive?

I just noticed that one of my movies was not automatically synced and I tried to upload it manually and also failed

the file size is 4.97GB
For troubleshooting I searched for other big files and I noticed they were synced, I was also able to upload them manually, these files were about 1.5GB

Is there a limit? what is it? is there a way to solve that? I'm using Samsung Gallaxy S21

Microsoft 365 ו- Office | OneDrive | לשימוש ביתי | Android

שאלה נעולה. השאלה הזו הועברה מקהילת התמיכה של Microsoft. באפשרותך להצביע אם היא שימושית, אך לא ניתן להוסיף הערות או תשובות או לעקוב אחר השאלה.

0 הערות אין הערות

6 תשובות

מיין לפי: המועיל ביותר
  1. אנונימי
    2023-02-03T18:40:01+00:00

    Hello I apologize for the confusion. OneDrive has a file size limit of 100 GB for individual files. This limitation is to ensure a good user experience for all OneDrive users and to prevent issues with performance and reliability. If you need to store files that are larger than 100 GB, you can split them into smaller parts using file compression or archiving software, and then upload each part separately. I hope this information helps. Regards, Abdal

    ok, so one file of 5GB should have been backed up?

    Do you know if there's a limitation related to the Samsung galaxy gallery?

    While we were chatting here, I tried manually to upload the file in two ways:

    1. via the gallery - I clicked on share and chose onedrive - didn't work, it didn't let me choose a folder, I did it again with a smaller file and it worked
    2. via the app - I opened the app and clicked upload, chose the 5GB file and it let me upload it

    I'm starting to think the problem is with the way Samsung implemented it, I didn't have that problem on my older phone while using only the app

    Just to explain, Samsung is now connected directly to onedrive via the gallery, so the backup is from there, I wonder if that's something I can change without having duplicate photos and videos on my account.

    האם התשובה הזו הייתה מועילה?

    0 הערות אין הערות