File size limit for automatic gallery sync

אנונימי
2023-02-03T09:24:23+00:00

Hi,

What is the file size limit for uploading files from Samsung Galaxy to onedrive?

I just noticed that one of my movies was not automatically synced and I tried to upload it manually and also failed

the file size is 4.97GB
For troubleshooting I searched for other big files and I noticed they were synced, I was also able to upload them manually, these files were about 1.5GB

Is there a limit? what is it? is there a way to solve that? I'm using Samsung Gallaxy S21

Microsoft 365 ו- Office | OneDrive | לשימוש ביתי | Android

שאלה נעולה. השאלה הזו הועברה מקהילת התמיכה של Microsoft. באפשרותך להצביע אם היא שימושית, אך לא ניתן להוסיף הערות או תשובות או לעקוב אחר השאלה.

0 הערות אין הערות

6 תשובות

מיין לפי: המועיל ביותר
  1. אנונימי
    2023-02-03T16:14:22+00:00

    Hello

    I apologize for the confusion. OneDrive has a file size limit of 100 GB for individual files. This limitation is to ensure a good user experience for all OneDrive users and to prevent issues with performance and reliability. If you need to store files that are larger than 100 GB, you can split them into smaller parts using file compression or archiving software, and then upload each part separately.

    I hope this information helps.

    Regards,

    Abdal

    האם התשובה הזו הייתה מועילה?

    0 הערות אין הערות
  2. אנונימי
    2023-02-03T13:05:35+00:00

    Hello You can go to www.onedrive.com and check onedrive storage you have. If you have one time Office business subscription license then you do not get any additional storage. You only gets 5Gb onedrive storage. If you want to increase storage then you can purchase additional storage from the below link https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/onedrive/compare-onedrive-plans I hope this information helps. Regards, Abdal

    Hi Abdal,

    I just lost you in the last answer.

    I have Microsoft 365 Family subscription with 6TB split into 1TB per person.

    I'm asking how can I increase the size limit of one file when using automatic backup?

    האם התשובה הזו הייתה מועילה?

    0 הערות אין הערות
  3. אנונימי
    2023-02-03T12:09:57+00:00

    Hello

    You can go to www.onedrive.com and check onedrive storage you have. If you have one time Office business subscription license then you do not get any additional storage. You only gets 5Gb onedrive storage.

    If you want to increase storage then you can purchase additional storage from the below link https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/onedrive/compare-onedrive-plans

    I hope this information helps.

    Regards,

    Abdal

    האם התשובה הזו הייתה מועילה?

    0 הערות אין הערות
  4. אנונימי
    2023-02-03T11:28:39+00:00

    Hello I am Abdal and I would be glad to help you with your question. The file size limit for uploading files from a Samsung Galaxy to OneDrive is dependent on the OneDrive plan you are using. For OneDrive Free: the file size limit is 10 GB. For OneDrive Standard: the file size limit is 15 GB. For OneDrive for Business/Microsoft 365 Business: the file size limit is 2 GB. If you're having trouble uploading files that are larger than the limit, you can try compressing the files or uploading them in smaller parts. You can also try uploading the files from a computer instead of a mobile device, as this may resolve any issues you're having. I hope this information helps. Regards, Abdal

    Hi,

    Thank you for the fast response.

    I'm having trouble understanding the limits.

    I'm using OneDrive for Business and I don't understand how come the limit for paying customers is lower than free.

    I'm using my subscription to backup automatically my pictures and videos, manual action is not an option for automatic backup.

    Also, that's my way of getting access to these files on my computer, I'm downloading them after it's being backed up to my account.

    How can I increase these limits?

    I've subscribed to that plan in order to have my family photos backup from all of our accounts, I can't have that every now and then one video is not backed up.

    האם התשובה הזו הייתה מועילה?

    0 הערות אין הערות
  5. אנונימי
    2023-02-03T11:00:02+00:00

    Hello

    I am Abdal and I would be glad to help you with your question.

    The file size limit for uploading files from a Samsung Galaxy to OneDrive is dependent on the OneDrive plan you are using.

    For OneDrive Free: the file size limit is 10 GB. For OneDrive Standard: the file size limit is 15 GB. For OneDrive for Business/Microsoft 365 Business: the file size limit is 2 GB.

    If you're having trouble uploading files that are larger than the limit, you can try compressing the files or uploading them in smaller parts. You can also try uploading the files from a computer instead of a mobile device, as this may resolve any issues you're having.

    I hope this information helps.

    Regards,

    Abdal

    האם התשובה הזו הייתה מועילה?

    0 הערות אין הערות