Microsoft 365 Business Tenant Lockout – Lost Global Administrator Access – Tenant Recovery Needed

Johanne Dubois 0 Points de réputation
2026-09-18T19:31:07.45+00:00

I am the owner of an existing Microsoft 365 Business organization and I have lost administrator access to the existing tenant.

I can no longer access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center for the affected tenant, so I am unable to create a support request from within that tenant.

I have already contacted Microsoft Consumer Support. The agent confirmed that this is a Microsoft Commercial/Business support issue and referred me to Commercial Support. However, the available online support paths either redirect me back to Consumer Support or require access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center that I no longer have.

I am not requesting a new tenant, migration, or replacement subscription. My objective is solely to restore administrator access to the existing Microsoft 365 Business tenant.

This appears to be a tenant lockout / lost Global Administrator access situation requiring account/tenant ownership verification and escalation to the appropriate Tenant Recovery / Data Protection support team.

I am prepared to privately provide Microsoft with the information necessary to verify ownership of the organization and affected tenant, including domain ownership and other appropriate verification information.

For security reasons, I will not post tenant identifiers, administrator account details, billing information, domain verification records, personal information, or ownership documents publicly on Microsoft Q&A.

Could a Microsoft moderator or support representative please advise how I can initiate the appropriate Tenant Recovery / Data Protection process without access to the affected Microsoft 365 Admin Center?

If private communication is required for ownership verification, I am available to provide the necessary information through an official private Microsoft channel.

Microsoft 365 et Office | Abonnement, compte, facturation | Pour le business | Autres

2 réponses

Trier par : Les plus récents
  1. Johanne Dubois 0 Points de réputation
    2026-09-24T00:31:16.2933333+00:00

    Follow-up — September 23, 2026

    This issue remains unresolved and I still cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center or the only Global Administrator account for my business tenant.

    I now also need Microsoft to CANCEL the Microsoft 365 Business subscription and STOP recurring billing, as I cannot perform the cancellation myself without administrator access.

    IMPORTANT: I am requesting cancellation of the subscription/billing only. I am NOT requesting deletion of the tenant or its recoverable historical data, as the tenant recovery/data recovery issue remains outstanding.

    Please escalate this to the appropriate Microsoft Billing team and Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team.

    I can provide proof of identity, business ownership, domain ownership and billing information through an official secure Microsoft channel. I will not post sensitive information publicly on Microsoft Q&A.

    Thank you,

    Johanne Dubois

    Founder & CEO

    Digital Cyber-Fortress® | DCF 2.0

    Cette réponse a-t-elle été utile ?


  2. Chris-D 1,690 Points de réputation Conseiller indépendant
    2026-09-18T19:53:19.2033333+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language.  

    Hi Johanne,

    Thank you for sharing the details of your situation. 

    As this is a user-to-user support forum, I can only offer guidance based on similar cases. I do not have access to your tenant or account. Only Microsoft Support can verify the tenant status, assist with Global Administrator/MFA recovery, and determine available recovery options.  

    Since the affected account belongs to an existing Microsoft 365 Business organization, this issue needs to be handled by Microsoft Commercial Support. I recommend trying to contact Microsoft Support again using the prompts below to navigate the automated system. Several users who experienced similar tenant lockout situations have reported that this approach helped them reach the appropriate support team.

    Here are some tips and an example of a prompt to help you navigate the IVR more effectively:  

    (When you call the support number, you may hear an introduction of about 30 seconds such as "you can visit the link...". You can ignore this introduction and wait until you are presented with the options. Then press "1" as a business email user, and again "1" for technical help.)    

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be automated, so here’s a general idea of how the conversation might go to help you prepare:      

    • What kind of problem are you experiencing?         
    • Answer: Tenant lockout       
    • What products do you use?         
    • Answer: Office 365 for business         
    • Is this for an education or company account?         
    • Answer: For companies         
    • Are you an administrator?         
    • Answer: Yes         
    • Are there any other administrators in your organization?         
    • Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant          
    • Do you need a... Service request?          
    • Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me direct to the Data Protection Team.      

    When reaching out to the Data Protection team, please be prepared to provide any requested information, such as: 

    • Tenant name/domain 
    • Affected administrator account 
    • Microsoft 365 subscription details 
    • Proof of tenant/domain ownership, if required 
    • Billing or subscription-related verification information 
    • Any organizational documents requested by the recovery team 

      

    I also recommend calling during business hours. In my experience, it can be difficult to get through to the correct support queue, and automated systems don't always work as expected. If you can't get through on your first try, I suggest trying again later or at a different time. 

    I hope these steps help you create a support ticket successfully and move closer to regaining access to your administrator account. While I’m not able to intervene directly, guiding you to the right support team is the most effective help I can provide here.  

    Hope you're able to get this resolved soon. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".             

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Cette réponse a-t-elle été utile ?

    1 personne a trouvé cette réponse utile.
    0 commentaires Aucun commentaire

Votre réponse

Les réponses peuvent être marquées comme « Acceptées » par l’auteur de la question et « Recommandées » par les modérateurs, ce qui aide les utilisateurs à savoir que la réponse a résolu le problème de l’auteur.