Factory reset Windows 8

Anonyymi
2022-04-22T09:30:43+00:00

I was instructed to reset my machine to factory settings.

The original version is Windows 8. The current version is Windows 10 Home 21H2. I downloaded the Windows 10 Home 20H2 version two years ago and yellow warning triangles appeared in Device Manager.

It turned out that I haven't updated the Windows 8 updates and BIOS update from the device manufacturer's website, so some of the OEM updates that came through Windows Update since then haven't been updated, and some of the updates for Windows 10 aren't updated either. Now I don't get the updates to work when the version is Windows 10 20H2 / 21H1 / 21H2 when the updates should have been done before upgrading to these versions of Windows.

I read somewhere that you need to contact Microsoft support before performing a factory data reset on Windows 8.

What should I do to restore the factory settings? Does this factory reset remove any OEM updates I have already received through Windows Update over the years.

Windows kotikäyttäjille | Windows 10 | Windows Update

Lukittu kysymys. Tämä kysymys on siirretty Microsoft-tukiyhteisöstä. Voit äänestää sen hyödyllisyydestä mutta et voi lisätä kommentteja tai vastauksia tai seurata kysymystä.

0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

9 vastausta

Lajitteluperuste: Hyödyllisin
  1. DaveM121 937.5K Mainepisteet Riippumaton neuvonantaja
    2022-04-22T12:56:15+00:00

    Hi ElluK

    The built-in reset option is accessible in the Settings app, then go to Update and Security - Recovery.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  2. Anonyymi
    2022-04-22T12:44:55+00:00

    Built-in Windows Reset option, how to use it. I had the right to upgrade directly from Windows 8 to Windows 10 and it has always been automatically activated, whether this right is maintained in this connection as well. How can I upgrade to Windows 9.1, where can I find it or do you mean Windows 8.1. After that Can I download Windows 10 21H2 from this page? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  3. DaveM121 937.5K Mainepisteet Riippumaton neuvonantaja
    2022-04-22T12:05:22+00:00

    Hi ElluK

    You can if you want to, but if it is your intention to upgrade back to Windows 10, then you should use the built-in Windows Reset option, that would just re-install Windows 10 rather than installing Windows 8, then upgrading to Windows 9.1 and then on to Windows 10.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  4. Anonyymi
    2022-04-22T12:01:04+00:00

    After Windows 8.1, can I upgrade directly to Windows 10 21H2 using the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe installer?

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja