F-secure VPN and phonelink

Anonyymi
2025-04-08T11:05:54+00:00

I would like to add Phone Link to the allowed list in F-Secure's VPN, but I can't find the location of Phone Link. Where exactly is Phone Link located, and can it be added to the allowed list? Otherwise, it seems that the VPN is blocking the use of Phone Link.

Windows kotikäyttäjille | Windows 11 | Puhelimen ja tietokoneen yhdistäminen

Lukittu kysymys. Tämä kysymys on siirretty Microsoft-tukiyhteisöstä. Voit äänestää sen hyödyllisyydestä mutta et voi lisätä kommentteja tai vastauksia tai seurata kysymystä.

0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja

13 vastausta

Lajitteluperuste: Hyödyllisin
  1. Anonyymi
    2025-04-14T02:59:28+00:00

    New information from F-secure:

    Using a VPN will establish a different IP address of your device and that can make local connection is not recognizable. So, there is possibility that Phone Link app treats your Android connection as not in the same Wifi network anymore, hence, turn on Mobile Data setting from the Phone Link make the connection possible.

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  2. Anonyymi
    2025-04-12T04:10:07+00:00

    Hi,

    Below is the response I received from F-Secure. I haven't started reinstalling as I'm not interested:

    Thank you for the information provide. We have done several test (with Hydra protocol)
     but could not find any issue with Windows’ Phone Link while VPN is active. This issue might occur 
    with your network environment.
    
    What we can suggest is,
    Uninstall and reinstall back F-Secure on both Android and Windows. Before uninstalling, 
    if you are using Password Vault, make sure to backup your password list first by exporting it as an encrypted file. 
    >> Exporting Password Vault data | Total | Latest | F-Secure User Guides
    Or,
    If reinstallation doesn’t solve the issue, you might need to disable VPN on your Android phone
     whenever you want to have it connected with Windows Phone Link.
    

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Mainepisteet Riippumaton neuvonantaja
    2025-04-09T08:41:01+00:00

    Ok, thanks for the update.

    Regards,

    Onko tästä vastauksesta hyötyä?

    0 kommenttia Ei kommentteja