OneDrive will not install on my PC and returns the error message 0x8004DE25

Christopher Haynes 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T17:11:12.52+00:00

I have completed all of the advised steps for removing any old OneDrive remnants but nothing is working, I am currently working with Copilot to see where the problem lies and it is looking like an identity issue for OneDrive as to who is the Accounr Owner, I have a personal and work accounts.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kai-L 20,020 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T17:37:39.4366667+00:00

    Dear Christopher,

    As a forum moderator, I genuinely wish I could directly access your account or delve into the backend systems to diagnose and fix this for you. Unfortunately, my role here is limited to providing general guidance and solutions that can be applied by users. To narrow this down, could you please share a few more details?

    • Does OneDrive install successfully and then show the error when you sign in, or does the installer itself fail?
    • Which account produces the error: personal, work, or both?
    • Can each account sign in successfully through a private browser window?
    • What is the complete wording displayed with 0x8004DE25?
    • Which Windows version and OneDrive version are installed?
    • Does Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts show both accounts?
    • Is the computer personally owned or managed by your employer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have already been completed? for example resetting OneDrive or clearing saved credentials,...

    A screenshot of what you see would also help a lot. Please mask any personal information such as your name, email address, or account details before posting it. Once you share these details, I will do my best to help you sort this out. Looking forward to your reply. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.