Personal email removed from Microsoft Authenticator, How to add it back on

Chelsea Cornell 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T15:08:31.81+00:00

Hello,

I need assistance recovering access to my Outlook email account.

I have two-step verification enabled, but I no longer have access to either of my verification methods. My account was removed from Microsoft Authenticator, and the phone number registered to my account is no longer available to me.

I attempted to add my email account back to Microsoft Authenticator, but I cannot do so because I have forgotten my password.

I then completed Microsoft's 30-day account recovery process, answered the security questions, and received a code to reset my password. However, when I enter the code, I am prompted to complete a second verification step using either my old phone number or Microsoft Authenticator. Since I cannot access either option, I am unable to proceed with resetting my password.

Could you please advise me on how I can regain access to my account and re-register Microsoft Authenticator without being able to sign in first? Or update my phone number?

I would appreciate any guidance on the available recovery options, as I have already completed the account recovery process but remain locked out.

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.