Microsoft 365 subscriptions plan changes

Johannes1985 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T08:03:19.4833333+00:00

Hi there,

I just got an email that the 365 subscriptions plans change on May 2nd 2027. That means for my Family subscription the 5TB storage changes to 2TB. The greed has finally arrived at Microsoft as well.

  1. Will my 99,90 Euros still remain the same or do I have to pay 129,90 Euros as well?
  2. If I want to upgrade from 2TB to 5TB again what would the additional costs be?

If the costs explode like this I might therefore consider switching to another provider completely. I would really be good with an increase in the yearly costs for the Family plan but reducing the storage space so drastically is a dealbreaker for me.

Johannes

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. SD - IA 180.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-09T08:46:35.02+00:00

    Hi,

    First important point: this is a user-to-user support forum, and we don't control any decisions.

    Your question:

    Will my 99,90 Euros still remain the same, or do I have to pay 129,90 Euros as well?

    The Family Plan is 129.90/Year already. Personal plan is 99. No change in pricing as of yesterday. If you don't use AI, you can do this to go back to the classic plan without AI:

    https://yourwindowsguide.com/2025/04/use-microsoft-365-without-copilot.html

    If I want to upgrade from 2TB to 5TB again, what would the additional costs be?

    The costs in Euros are here:

    User's image

    I hope this information helps. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.