I need help with payment change

Michele Wasserburger 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T18:28:46.22+00:00

I need assistance quickly.

I have been online and have updated my billing credit card because the one I had got hacked.

I updated this on Sunday and I am still getting pop-ups saying your going to cancel my subscription and I can't get any help the AI is absolutely worthless I even put in to talk to live agent and that it would not get me to anyone.

I called my bank and you guys have NOT tried to run the charge on the new credit card number when I sign into my account it shows the credit card number has been updated.

If I get cancelled you can bet I will be contacting the BBB so that someone will actually call me to give my answers!!!

Michele Wasserburger

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,800 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-09T04:21:29.8233333+00:00

    Hi @Michele Wasserburger

    I’m sorry for the frustration and concern this has caused. I understand that you already updated the compromised card, but the continued cancellation warnings are making you worried about losing your subscription.

    Please sign in to, locate the affected subscription, and check whether Pay now appears. If it does, select it, confirm the new card, and complete the outstanding payment. You can also select Manage > Change how you pay to make sure the new card is assigned to this specific subscription. Updating a card under Payment options alone may not change the payment method used by the subscription.

    If the card is already assigned but Microsoft has not attempted the payment, or the warning remains, please contact billing support:

    • Open Microsoft Support.
    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Choose Office > Get Home support.
    • Type live chat, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • Select Ask our Support Assistant, type Talk to live chat agent, and select Contact Support.
    • Under Products & Services, select Microsoft 365 and Office > Billing and Account Profile Question.
    • Choose Chat with a support agent in your web browser.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    Thank you for your understanding. 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.